Chapter 21 | Destroy

I watched at her in shock as she walked away without looking back. I did not know what she meant by tearing us apart from the inside. Does she mean these people are going to manipulate us into turning on one another? After all, as I have mentioned before, the aliens excelled in the art of deception. "Rithvik, what did she whisper to you?" Leo asked me, walking over. The rest of the crew were staring at me, waiting for me to answer. "She...umm.. Said... Umm.." I started. "Stop stuttering and get on with it." Reneesh said, impatiently. "She said that they're going to tear us apart from the inside. I have no idea what to make of it." I replied.  "That's full of crap." Reneesh said. "There's no way they're going to tear us apart from the inside. We're a team, and there's no way they're going to change it. Right?" He continued. "I don't think that's how she meant it." Anna said. "Do you have any idea what she meant, Rithvik?" Souvik asked. "There's only one way to find out. Go with the flow. Let's attend their meeting in the evening. That will give us a better picture and understanding of what the hell is going on. I don't have a good feeling about this." I replied.

An hour passed by and a guard had come in about half an hour ago to let us know that the meeting would start at 4:30 pm. We sat in one of the rooms, waiting for someone to come fetch us. We were engrossed in a discussion about what the woman told us a while ago. "The most important question, why did the woman tell us about it?" Leo asked. "That probably means we have someone on the inside who is probably willing to help us." I replied. "Or someone who's lying and trying to trick us. After, I think their grand plans have a lot of manipulations involved." Reneesh said. "That's a possibility too." I agreed with him. That was the problem here. We couldn't trust anyone. "Guys, I've been thinking." Leo started. "We are in the future. That means, that we already saved humanity. That means, we ought to be here in the universe somewhere right?" He continued. "Stop it, dude." Konrad said. "It just makes my head hurt more." "That... Is something I haven't thought of before." Reneesh replied. "Guys." I said. "Ever heard of the Multiverse theory? Also known as the parallel universe theory?" I asked. "That's science fiction, boss. You can't bet on that theory." Leo replied. "Until a few months ago, aliens were science fiction too." I said. "So what are you trying to say?" Reneesh asked me. "I need some time to think about this guys. This needs a lot of thinking over to do." I say. "The parallel universe theory actually makes sense." Anna said. "If we would have succeeded, there must be humans here. But all I see are aliens. And their stupid base." Konrad said. "The aliens look just like us. What if they are indeed humans? Or better, what if we lost? Maybe we are destined to lose." Souvik said. "There he goes, spreading optimism ." Reneesh said, sarcastically. "If these guys are humans, I'm sure they would not have treated us like this." I replied. "And remember the data, guys. They've been here since a long long time ago. Even before our solar system even formed. " Leo chipped in. "Nothing, not even a single damn thing adds up." Reneesh said. "I don't know why guys, but mind keeps coming back to this Multiverse theory. I strongly believe, wherever our answer is, it definitely lies in that theory." I said.

Reneesh and Leo discussed a few other possibilities which struck off as soon as they got in, while I was lost in my thoughts. This was something I never expected nor thought about. If we ever succeeded, there needed to be humans here. Not some weird group of aliens. There was another disturbing question. "Guys." I call out. "These aliens existed even before humans existed? And even with all their technology couldn't contact us once?" "You're only messing this up." Souvik replied. Leo and Reneesh just stared at me, Reneesh shaking his head in confusion. "There are many variables we don't know. And according to our boss, we are probably in a whole another universe. We go through the fourth dimension. We are in the future. Earth is dying. These people want us to tear each other apart. We're outnumbered. And we're here, in their base at their mercy. We don't know what's going to happen next, nor do we know what we're going to do next. We don't have any information about anything and have no one to trust. This mission is crap and there's no way we're going to succeed this stupid Mission of ours. Let's go ask them to kill us. Would save us the pain of ripping each another apart." Reneesh said as he stomped over to his room. Leo stared at me, looking helpless and probably a bit of fear and desperation in his eyes. I put my arm around his shoulders. "Everything is going to be alright. Reneesh is just a bit stressed out." I tell him. "In going to lead you guys out of this mess and I promise I that I would do anything to get that done." I finish. The rest of the crew head back to their rooms and lie down on their bunks. I go into my room too, to get some rest before the meeting begins.

In about ten minutes time, I heard the door hissed open and a guard banging our door. "Coming!" I yelled at him. Soon we were out of our rooms and we could see Schrotanic standing at the end of the corridor. We were soon hustled over to him. "Ladies and Gentlemen. Please follow me." He said. "Let's head over to the place where you're going to learn about things you wouldn't have heard about, even in your wildest dreams."

***