6: Light

6: Light 

The four men looked awkwardly from where Kiylee was laying seconds ago to where she was now disappearing through the trees. 

Joey broke the silence by whistling. "Damn, that girl has a pair of legs on her." 

Caderyn shook his head while pinching the skin between his eyes just at the bridge of his nose. "Trust me, that is nothing compared to her mouth when you get her worked up. Honestly, I have no clue how Arwyn manages her sometimes...No wait, it's probably Arwyns fault she's this sporadic." Caderyn lifted his hand from his face and ran his fingers through his hair. 

"Well, I guess we might as well follow after her before she beats us to the action." Jaysen calmly spoke before taking off at a run after Kiylee's scent now that she was long gone in the foliage.

Caderyn and Brayden took off on Jaysen's heals. 

"Well, I guess I will see all of you in 2 weeks since everyone here is either a leaping gazelle or a wolf." Joey muttered to himself as he followed behind with a much less enthusiastic pace.

~*~*~*~ 

Kiylee's POV 

As I ran the forest became a green blur moving past me while my feet efficiently moved over the uneven ground with ease. Without breaking stride I took a hair tie off of my wrist and pulled my long hair back out of my face in a messy ponytail. I could hear footsteps a distance behind me and couldn't help but smile at the fact that the guys were getting their asses handed to them by a girl in the speed department. Nevermind the headstart I had, it was their own damn faults for not following quicker. 

Periodically I slashed at a tree with one of my kunai knives so everyone would have a general idea of where to follow. 

I heard the scream from up in front of me before I broke through the foliage into a shallow clearing. The sky above me was already starting to melt into oranges and pinks but I only briefly took in the sight before my eyes caught the injured cloaked blond being backed into thorns by a man in a black cloak with the hood drawn so his face was covered.

Before the dark figure could close any more distance and do what he had done in my earlier vision, my feet started moving again and I tossed my kunai at his shoulder blade. The knife hit its mark, sinking in deep into his right shoulderblade and severing enough muscles to limit its mobility with that arm.

 With the speed of lightning the hooded figure snapped his trained attention away from the cloaked girl and towards myself. I was already prepared with another kunai, sliding low to the ground as I prepared to attack his uninjured left side. But he jumped away from me and I was able to put myself between him and his pray.

"Are you alright?" I asked her while keeping my back to her.

"Aurora?" She questioned.

But I had no time to ask what she meant by Aurora, as the dark cloaked individual materialized an ax with his meraki and was preparing to swing.

Without hesitation I unsheathed my short blade katana from my side and raised it to absorb the impact. But the force of the ax came down with so much unadulterated force I was knocked off balance and skinned my left knee on the ground, twisting my body the best I could to not be pushed backwards. But it wasn't working, he was too strong and my meraki was too depleted. How the hell did he have that much strength with an injured shoulder blade? I agitatedly questioned myself.

As I let go of my blade and prepared to tuck and roll to the attackers right side for another vantage point, there was a growl and a streak of black as a loud crack resembling the breaking of glass echoed through the air.