Spell Book One: Book of Beginnings

Lesson one:

Seer- Seers are known as holders of the Sight. The sight cometh in different ways when thy hath been selected. Over time it might wax or wane like the moon.  Mortifications of flesh may or may not result or strengthen thys gifted curse of visions. The sight is secretive in its ways, but those who haveth are both blessed and damned.  

Seeker- To find what cannot and wishes not to be found. Those who Seek shall always be guided in where to find. Some may need items to guide them in where to go. Some only need images.

Bender- Thy power cometh from manipulating and changing what is present. Thy can transmute substance from elements or elements from substance. Thy 7 elements are Forest, Fire, Wind, Water, Lightning, Light & Dark. It is not uncommon for witches and hunters to wield such elements with the aid of talismans or markings, however Benders can Bend any element with just their Meraki.  

Leapers- Those who can jump from places in the realms or even in some rare cases through time (though such triumphs can be very draining on the soul).  While most individuals are in need of a portal talisman to move from realm to realm it takes years of training to master the spells and Meraki control. Leapers are born with this talent and can preforms such tasks almost effortlessly as long as they are not continuous.

Meraki- The life force of all magic beings. Most beings take after one or two different elemental forces that they can pull energy from or wield energy from. While certain species typically take after the element that represents that species as their primary or secondary element, in rare cases individuals do not take after the magic element of their brethren.

Venatio Noctem- Hunters of the night. Those selected by fate to fight and protect the dark in name of the light.

Lesson two:

Children of the white & Children of the black- Those born of the first magics. Those gifted with spell, witches, pagans, warlocks, and sorcerers. Combined with the power of dark and power of light both created all else.

Children of the forest- Those born of trees. It is said one day when time just began that the forest was lonesome for dance, so it made life and in turn the life made dance. Thus the elf was born from our forest's green wisdom and joy.

Children of the moon- Those born of moonlight. It is said one night when thy moon first shone full she smiled across the dark forest and bore into existence her children. When the moon was fulleth of light her children calleth to thy mother, but when the light fadeth thy remained man.  Thus the wolfpeople were born from the moon's yellow eyes and their songs traveled with the wind.

Children of the flowers- Those born of fay. Mischievous magic. Once upon a time when time just began, the flowers sought to play a trick. So thy blossomed and from their opening bud the first fay preformed its trick.  Thus the fairy was born from a water Lilly.

Children of the Night- Those born from fire but forced to turn to the absence of light. The dark found a way to thrive and live. From blood thy dranketh.  Thus the vampire was reborn from night's bloodshed.

Children of the sun- Those born from the day, to protect and uphold. The Venatio Noctem were born from the sun's rays of light and trained to protect the night. However, they were also blessed by the moon in honour of the first fallen high priestess of light who sacrificed her life by the side of a moonchild.

Children of hate- Those born from anger, scorn, and the desire to cause pain. The demon was not born from the first high priestess of darkness, but they grew strong from her. Darkness is not always harmful and evil, but when its tainted by the seed of hate then it can grow into something fowl and ugly.

Lesson Three:

The legend of the highest priestess of magic and her wish to the day and the night for a beautiful daughter... The story of the two girls she was graced with; Noxa of night and Solia of day shall remain for another day young child.

In due time you will learn...