11: Collide Part 5

AN:

Hello everyone! I am back from my extended reprieve and mostly ready to roll!

Thank you all of my voters and commenters that I have come back to 

Chapter 11: Collide part 5

Kiylee's POV

I watched as the man with black wings conjured a containment spell and trapped the unmoving black wolf that was Cloud, the black and white Masked man, and the crumpled body of Ruror. As he finished a flash of light reviled council members in their decadent robes and soon they became immersed in conversation. The burning irritation within myself simmered and I was fleetingly able to blame that on why my legs started to give out but the blood that was now soaking my shirt from my bleeding arm thwarted my attempt at self-preservation.

When my knee's buckled Jaysen was next to me to ease me to the ground. His face was full of concern but I forced myself to remain numb to it, at the moment I hated him for his help. Zeeza darted towards us when she saw me collapse and she retrieved a potion from her satchel. When she placed the tiny round corkscrew bottle into my palm I had to fight the urge to toss it back at her in disgust. The part of me that had fully admitted to my injury severity allowed me to drink the turquoise potion.

Zeeza then took a white chalk like item from her bag and reached for my injured arm. She drew a few healing spells on my skin, chanted a few words I only paid half attention to and then raised her index and middle fingers to her lips, kissed them, and then touched them to a symbol she had near my collar bone. The lines she had drawn on my glowed a pale green and when the pain started to subsite and the strange feeling of my body knitting itself back together swam through me my brain started turning.

The man with black wings turned his body so that his face was in full view. Black spiral symbols ran down his face and disappeared into his scalp line. His head was half shaved on the bottom, the top cap part cut short to his scalp and a braided clump hand behind his left ear and fell to his collar bone. His hair was so pail I almost mistook it for white, which contrasted greatly with his black wings. Something about him seemed so very familiar but I was completely lost as to how.

Eventually I shook of wondering about the familiarity and took in my surroundings. "Where is Kallai and Braydon?" I asked, now noticing their lack of presence.

Zeeza turned her attention from tending to Jaysen's quickly healing wounds. "I'm not sure. Joey and I found Kirra and started searching for you and were hoping we would find them along the way. I'm sure they are ok though, I'm sure the council is crawling up every crack of LA and neutralizing the situation now that those bozos have been caught." Zeeza pointed towards Cloud's frozen figure and the masked men in their magic entrapment cells.

"Not to burst your bubble, but I'm not sure that is the case." Jaysen added. "The Council is having a very hard time containing the situation, they are trying to neutralize it but it's a lot bigger than 2 masked decomposing henchmen and a few twisted wolves." Jaysen paused and I noticed that he was listening to the Council's chatter. "We need to go back in. Are you alright?" Jaysen turned to me.

"Of course, I'm fabulous. All that and a bag of chips. Make that 2 chips and a supersize value meal with a shamrock shake." I answered flatly. Pushing myself off the ground I started walking over to the 3 council members talking to the wings man.

"The day you stop being sarcastic is the day the world is going to come to an end." Jaysen added as he started following me with Zeeza by his side.

As I approached I could hear them talking about the situation in LA.

"It is to the best of our knowledge that there is an epicenter somewhere in the center of the city. If we can neutralize that then will can bring down the walls that are making it so difficult for us to get in." A man in a green robe spoke to the man with black wings.

Before I could speak the brunette she-wolf spoke, she must have been in earshot to our conversation and heard our plan. "Send us back in, as close as you can to the epicenter."

A women in a red robe looked at all of us. "I am sure you are up for it Tia." She paused and turned her attention to Jaysen, Zeeza, and my bloodied self. "But are you young ones up for it?"

Before I could open my mouth Zeeza beat me to it. "Wouldn't be standing here if we weren't ma'am." I sent Zeeza a look out of the corner of my eye, silently accepting that she answered that question a little bit more gracefully then I was about to.

"Two of our team members are still out there." Jaysen added. "We need to aid in taking care of this problem and making sure that they are brought back safely."

"And I want to make sure that the Jack-ass responsible for this gets his ass handed to him." I added and all 3 council members present tilted their heads and raised an eyebrow.

"Well, that is certainly one way to put it." The man in a yellow council robe spoke with a Germanic sounding accent. "Stahl, send them back in."

The man with black wings grabbed Jaysen's forearm with one hand and mine with his other. "Grab onto them both good blondie and Tia." Stahl said to Zeeza.

With a look of irritation Zeeza's hair color changed to pink. "I'll ignore that statement." She spoke with attitude as she grabbed ahold of Jaysen and Tia, and Tia grabbed onto myself.

****

Another flash of light and we were standing back in a different part of Las Angeles.

"Talk about blowing that joint." Zeeza let out a whistle. "Remind to never bother taking a bus again."

Stahl appeared a glass looking like compass. The gem like points spun in a kaleidoscopic whirl before they stopped and started to vibrate back and forth in the same general direction. "It looks like the epicenter is probably in this direction." Stahl pointed the same direction the glass compass appeared to be pointing.

"Isn't that in the direction of the Hollywood sign?" Zeeza asked.

We all rounded the corner of a building and could see the dark haze covering where the iconic sign should be. As we came out of the valley of buildings Kallai and Brayden came barreling towards up with a group of individuals that appeared to be in their late 20's.

"Tia!" A girl with thick short curly red hair spoke. She had the mark of a Venatio Noctem on the top of her hand. "We were worried that we had lost you for good when you took off earlier."

'Tory." Tia stepped towards her friend.

Kallai and Braydon rejoined Jaysen, Zeeza, and myself.

"We found this group." Braydon motioned towards Tia's team.

"And the timing could not be more opportune." Stahl spoke. "I believe introductions are in store before we prepare for what we have come her to do.

"My name is Aurthor." A lanky man with longer brown hair a black robe and Wiccan necklaces said. "I am a shadow sorcerer.

"Tory. Fire Meraki Venatio Noctem." Tory added.

"Nikre. Water fey." A blue haired man with green eyes added.

"Thomas. Thunder Meraki Venatio Noctem." A strongly built man with sandy blond hair spoke.

"Ciesta. Forrest Elf." A man with pale blond hair and an arrow quill over his shoulder added.

"And Tia, a light meraki wolf." Tia ended the introductions on her side.

"Well then, now whats the great big plan?" Kallai asked us all.

"You know, kick some ass, give them hell, save the world, make it back in time for dinner and bedtime." I answered.

"Mind being more specific?" Tory asked half snickering to my response.

'Don't mind her," Tia started. "It would appear cheeky remarks are her meraki type..."

*_*_*

A/N: Next chapter is going to Chapter 12: Give Them a Little Hell

Vote. Comment. You are my favorites  <3