Twin's curse

"What happened to you?'', a disembodied voice called to me. She turned around in suprise and I was shocked to see... Zero Kiryuu. She heart beat as fast as a cheetah- at least that was what it felt like.She had never been snuck up on in this way. Was I loosing my touch?...No, it has to be somrthing else.. What was he? She cocked her head and looked more closely at him, sizing him up.

'' It's past curfew, you should be in your dorms. Not sneaking out to see the night class.''

She ignored him and continued looking at him like a camera in an arc shot making the occasional ''hmm'' or ''huh'' or even ''I see''. Zero grew anxious at her small sounds critism. She eventually stopped her obsevation and straightened up and he coudn't help but hold his breath. She folded her arms in front of her and sighed. That did not make Zero feel any better.

''I have...absolutley no idea.''

Zero collapsed and tripped over a log. He let out and a string of curses and tried to get up. But he was pushed down by Artemis.

''What are you-'',

he said struggled against her. For such a tiny girl she was freakishly strong, he thought. She was staring at his neck where his mark lay.

''Your one of the cursed twins?''

, her voice shook. He froze. When he had fallen over the log, the collar of his shirt moved enough so that she had a good view of it. He grasped her shoulders faster than she could blink and looked at her with his cold gaze that made vampires shit their pants.

''What do you know of the curse mark.''

She said nothing, she had a strange look in her eyes. All of a sudden she tackled him and pulled him into hug. She started to rub a hand down his back like his mother used to when he had a nightmare. He would have fought it...But at that moment she held him her arms and it felt as if his mother held him again. He would break down any second, but years of discipliine held him back until the next worsds that left her lips. Something he had been waiting for some to say.

''It's okay, Zero. I'm here for you. Let it out.''

That was all it took.

He broke down and cried for the first time since the death of his family.