Chapter 4 - Knight in shining armor

Start from the beginning

I roll my eyes and walk up behind her wrapping my arms around her waist in a hug and rest my chin on her shoulder "he will be fine you know" she sighs again softly and nods, I give her a gentle squeeze and let go walking towards my en-suite bathroom and stop before I step through the doorway.

"Please, just do your duty at tonight's formal ceremony as a Princess of Algaria, Mother wishes you to wear this" Cavelle points to the dress on the bed "Father will already be furious with today's actions so please don't give him anymore fuel" she pauses and looks at the face that I pull in disgust at the dress "Please Kitana, for me" her eyes pleaded and I can't say no when she looks at me like that so I nod defeated and she gives a weak smile then walks out closing the door carefully behind her.

~*~

I cringe at the woman that stares back at me in the mirror unable to recognize myself under all the makeup and hair which is neatly pinned back in loose curls and about a million pins.

The nude dress is very plain at the front and long sleeves cover my arms flowing gracefully down to my feet making me look every bit of elegant. My toes painted a nice red not that it mattered because my dress covered the strappy red heels I wore. I run my hands down the curves I apparently have trying to smooth down the soft fabric that hugged all the right places. I turn slightly to look at my back in the mirror and bite my lower lip nervously the back of the dress hung off of my shoulders like a waterfall and my back was bare for all to see all the way to my lower back it would look stunning if it was on anybody but me... but I guess I could look worse.

"Oh my, Kitana" Mother stares at me with admiration and all I can do is smile awkwardly waiting for a lecture from her before Father.

"Thanks Sudran" another nickname from our forgotten language meaning 'Mother'. I was then embraced in a tight hug. She always seemed to smell of peppermint since I was little, I figured it must be something in her perfume that mustn't have changed.

"Come" she said as she took my hand and practically dragged me into the bathroom routing through my makeup box and pulls out a tube of lipstick grabbing a small lip brush then proceeded to paint my lips which made me roll my eyes, when she finished she stepped back to admire her work "The finishing touch" My Mother looked stunning, she was my height, her skin wasn't as fair as ours, her golden blonde locks were pinned up in a beautiful up-do and her eyes were green with a yellow ring around the pupil. She wore a simple white dress which covered her body but looked so elegant and regal.

I blink and look into the mirror one last time and indeed my lips were as crimson as my hair was "Mother you know I hate to stand out" I breathed a little annoyed at the fact I looked like a clown.

"Oh hush Kitana, the colour matches your hair perfectly, you will be fighting the men off with a stick my love" I just sigh and nod my head knowing there is really no point in arguing with my Mother as she will always win "Come, the formal is in full swing and your Father is waiting" I take her arm that she offered and walk out to the balcony with her.

We get to the landing and I lean over the balcony to see people dancing, talking and having a great time "thank you Kit" my sister says simply as she touched my arm which makes me smile and look over at her "You look beautiful" she chuckles at me.

"Thanks, you too... same designer?" I ask sarcastically and roll my eyes and chuckle along with her. From behind I see Rihdan walk towards us, he looked so handsome, well for Rihdan in a tuxedo and his hair slicked back but looking like he'd run his hands through it a million times.

"Kitana what is it?" Cavelle obviously notices my attention is somewhere else as Rihdan stops just behind her.

"Turn around" I smirk at her as she rose a brow and did what she was told. Rihdan's eyes widen as he sees her properly and gives her a heart stopping smile then took her hand and gently kisses it which makes her blush, the scene makes me smile, it's stupid really but I secretly wish I could find a love like that one day.