Chapter 6

Lauren's POV

"I'm coming with you! Please mom?" Camila asked desperately. "Yeah Sinu. It might be a long time again before you guys come back. Give Mila this opportunity." Dinah said. "Yeah and we all know she's a big mama's girl." Cece said. Camila gave her playful glare and everyone laughed. Sinuhe sighed and said "Fine. Do I really have a choice? Bring someone with you though." Camila looked around and she looked at me. "I'll drive you there with Lauren." She said and she looked at the girls "You guys can start a movie now. Or something." They all nodded and hugged Sinuhe once again. I helped Camila with Sinuhe's bags and we both put it in the trunk. "I was about to ask Robert to drive me." Sinuhe said. "Robert will understand mom." Camila said. Camila opened the door for the both of us and we got in. She closed it and walked around her car and go in the driver seat. The ride to the airport was really quite except for some little chitchats between Sinuhe and I. Camila was really quite driving. We now arrived at the airport and Sinuhe checked in. We are now just waiting for her to go in the plane. Camila just rest her head on Sinuhe's shoulder while I talked to Sinuhe. The announcer called for the flight to go to England. "Oh yeah Louis' flight got delayed but he will be coming tomorrow afternoon. So any message for your father?" Sinuhe asked. Camila snorts and said "Wow as if he'll ever listen to them anyway." Sinuhe sighed and gave me a quick hug and she hugged Camila for 5 minutes I think. Sinuhe left. Camila started sobbing and rub her back. I guided her to the benches and she cried and leaned to me. After 10 minutes of crying she said "I'm sorry you got to see me like this." I nodded my head "It's ok. There's nothing really bad about missing your mom." She played with her finger and she intertwined them with mine. She wiped her tears and said "Thanks" I gave her the best reassuring smile I can ever give. We sat there for awhile and she just needed me to hold on something and I love the feeling. To be someone to lean on by your protector. She makes me feel strong right now. "Let's go?" She asked standing up and tugging my hands lightly. I nodded my head. "C'mon" We drive back home and Camila go straight to her room. I followed her since my stuff are in there. We both walked in and she opened her window. She started climbing off and looked at me "Do you mind joining me up here for a while?" She asked. I shake my head and said "No not at all." she climbed off first and I did too. We are now sitting on the roof, shoulders close to each other. She opened a secret compartment and pull out a pack of cigarette. I looked at her questioningly and she raised her eyebrows "I thought you quit." I asked she just shakes her head and put a cigarette in her mouth lighting it. She offered me the pack and I refused. She inhaled and puff it out, holding the cigarette between her middle and point finger. "Yeah I know. I did but right now I just have to release the stress. Well if you don't want the smell of it. I understand I can just do this later." I shake my head no. "It's alright." I said. "You might probably wondering why I don't want to send a message to my father." she said. Wait is she gonna open up to me? She's going to tell me why she don't want to give his dad at least an I love you or take care always. Well I don't want her to think that I'm really eager to know her better so "You really don't need to tell me, because it's your past and you probably don't want to bring it up." I said.

Camila's POV

I inhaled another one and puff it out. I don't know why but it seems so easy to open up to Lauren. She just made me feel light and she had that amazing atmosphere around her. "No it's alright since you're gonna spend most of your time with me." She nodded her head slowly and said "Alright. Whatever floats your boat." I chuckled at that and I inhaled one last long one and throw it in my little ashtray inside my secret compartment. "Well my dad and I got in a fight with a lot of stuff. It started when I was in grade 8 and it got worse when I was a freshman. You probably know this but I smoked weed that when I was freshman and I know it's bad but now I'm clean for 2 years. anyways back to the topic. We fight when I'm high sometimes he would say that I'm a waste of his time and he wished that I was the one who died. but anyways since we grew apart well we fight when he's home I mean every time. And when he's not we don't talk at all. It's just me and mom." I explained. She nodded her head slowly trying to sink in what I just said. "So you said your father sometimes tells you that he wished that you were the one who died. But what that he mean by that?" She asked curiously. I really am not ready to open that up to her. It's a sad memory and I really blame myself since that day. "Uuummm" I said out of words. I scratched the back of my head. "Camila! Oh hey Lauren didn't know you were here." Dinah said. Phew that was close. Remind me to thank Dinah soon. Lauren waved at Dinah and greeted her. I did too. "Uummm Lauren if you don't mind can I have moment with Camila?" She asked. Lauren nodded her and said "Sure. I really don't mind" Dinah nodded and helped Lauren to climbed down the window. That's all I saw and after a minute or two Dinah climbed up on the roof. "I heard the conversation and I thought that's when I needed to jump in." She said. I nodded my head. "Good timing Cheechee." I said. "Thanks" I smiled at her. "You know your smile never reaches your eyes. Like the way it used too." She said. I sighed "I really don't know. Ever since that day my happiness is gone. The reason to let my smile reach my eyes. I don't know Cheechee. It's been hard." She rubs my back and whispered some comforting words to me. I calmed down and I pulled out the pack of cigarette. I offered her one and she happily takes one. "It's been a long time" She said. I chuckled.

DInah's POV

I heard a car's engine died and I know it's Camila. I excused myself for the girls and pecked Cece's lips before going up to talk to Camila. I know she probably need someone to talk to. I know you are probably asking that why not her cousin Ally. But that's the thing Ally texted me if I can go see Camila. Since she needs to work on the project with Arianna, Demi, and Normani. Yes the English one. I mae my way to Camila's room and walked in. I heard murmurs and I catch the smell of chocolate scented cigarette. Woah wait I thought she quit? Well it's been 4 months since I haven't done one yet and we both said we will not do it again. Well she's probably stressed right now. So I understand. I walk closer to the window and I heard the whole conversation. When Lauren asked about Camila's father, Alejandro on what he mean about he wished that Camila was the one who died, it's my time to jump in, and cut the conversation. I did cut it out and asked Lauren if I can talk to Camila alone and she said yes. I helped her climb down the window and lead her towards the door "Lauren You probably want to help Ally and the girls to finish the English project." I said and she nodded. I walk back and climbed up the window and I sat beside Camila on the roof. She offered me a cigarette and of course I did not refuse. "You know your smile never reaches your eyes the way it used too." I said lighting the cigarette. I inhaled it and puff out. I put in between my middle and point finger. She sighed "I really don't know. Ever since that day my happiness is gone. The reason to let my smile reach my eyes. I don't know Cheechee. It's been hard." I understand how hard it was for her. I was there. I grew up with her. we are attached to the hips. Ever since that day she starting to build the walls up. Higher and higher till no one seems to reach it. That no one will ever try because it's so high. Camila was never like this before. She used to be happy, jolly, and enthusiastic. She was the energy of the gang. She makes everyone smile. Before I remember those days when she was so clumsy and she will fall and laugh her ass out. I also used to remember how she just let people in, no walls to guard her because there's no reason for it be up. She used to be the one who's warm for everyone but now she is cold than ice. Actually no colder than ice. I know she still blames herself from what happened in the past. We tried our best to reason ourselves that it is not her fault. But her dad was the one who is acting like a 4 years old girl that broke her doll. He blamed it all on Camila. So Camila grew up believing him. He used to be Camila's role model. She really looks up to him and she want to follow every foot steps he made. So time by time Camila will build her walls up higher and higher, her jolliness faded, her enthusiasm did too and specially her warmness was wrapped in a cold freezing ice. She don't even play the piano anymore, she still plays guitar but barely. This house used to be a musical one because of her playing the instruments but she stopped. All I have to say is that the happiness inside her is trap and can't seem to get out of it. I know I really miss that Camila you know. My Chancho, Our Camila the energy of the group. I hope one day she'll realize that it's not her fault and she doesn't need to blame herself.

A/N Hello there guys!!! I have 2 question for you!! First: What do you think is that past that changed Camila?

Second: Who plays Flappy bird? Well if you do what's your high score?

Thank you for reading guys I hope you enjoyed it :D