Chapter: 11 Not Getting Anywhere (Edited)

Chapter: 11

Kalila's POV:

I sat there in the makeshift bed and had dozed off for a moment, but now I was wide-awake. I was more concern with that name. Right now, it seems like the perfect escape and to get my revenge, but do Altair know or even Malik. Did they figure out that I know what Ehsan did? No, they couldn't figure that part out. I haven't told them anything about my past. Malik kept asking me, but I keep brushing him off. The woman that had to help me, in the beginning, was nowhere to be found. It was like she had disappeared in the middle of the night and no one had ever seen her or much less know her. 

It was almost like she was a ghost. Just disappeared into the darkness and never to be seen again. I didn't really care where she had gone to, but it did make me miss her presence. She was always there. Always watching silently or even helping me even though I bite her head off countless of times. Yet, she had stuck with me through and through. It almost made me ask Malik where she had to disappear to, but I realize that I never got her name. I have no clue what her name was. Then again, it was my fault. 

A soft sigh escapes from my lips while I tilted my head to the side while wondering what I should do. Do I go tonight to see if I could find some answers? Would there be any if I do? What about Altair and Malik? What would they think? Hm, Altair, I could care less, but Malik's opinion was a little more important than Altair's. Especially since he was the one that knocks me out in the first place. Jerk. 

I couldn't sit here and wonder where that guy was. He had to be here. Altair said so or well hopefully, he had said that Ehsan was in town. Because I wanted my revenge for my parents, but I also want to know why. That was always the question. Why? With a final decision, I got up from my makeshift bedding and walk over to the close door. I place my hand on the wooden door while I listen to any sound that was coming out from the hallway. I open the door slowly, before peeking out and looking around. It was quiet. Too quiet, but maybe, I can leave this place. 

Actually, go out and do something for once on my own. It would be nice than being coop up in this room or somewhere else in this large building. If I had to stay here for another day or even a moment more, I was going to lose it as I did it with Altair. It was his fault. He was the one that had to provoke me and started it first. 

Males. 

A soft sigh escapes from my lips as I wonder what to do about this new information. Did he do that on purpose? Is it a trap for me to leave? Even though, I can leave whenever I want to. So, why did I stick around? Maybe, it was Malik's words that have caused me to linger here. It was nice being here. It was a lot easier being here and part of something, but that was because I was healing. Now, I need to stretch my wings and get out of here. I have overstayed my welcome to long. If I can say that, I mean Malik wants me to stay for training. I would love to, but it would be Altair that will be showing me how. Now, I don't know if we would even survive long enough with each other. Who can say otherwise?

With a deep breath, I look to the door and decided that my best bet would be nightfall. Hopefully escaping won't be so difficult since Altair will be somewhere else or wherever he sleeps at. 

If he sleeps at all...

*(*

Surprisingly, I got some sleep that was actually needed for tonight. There was a tray next to my bed with food and a cup of water. A soft sigh escapes from my lips while it must be the woman who had been there in the back with Altair and Malik. Something caught my eye on the tray and I pulled the note out from underneath the bowl. My eyes went to the door that was closed before looking back at the note in my hand. I read it out loud, but softly to myself, "Don't be stupid." 

What kind of freaking message is this? I crumble it before tossing it back onto the tray. I rolled my eyes before standing up and with the necessary items. I scrubbed my face with a cold wet cloth and manage to untangle my hair. I manage to look decent if I were to get caught. Might as well do in a styling way. My black hair fell down my back and over my shoulders. It was long and I might need to cut it or do something to get a shorter length. Why was I stalling? With a scoff at my own foolishness, I stomp right over to the door and stood there before it. My heart was pounding away in my chest as I reach out and clasp the door handle before pushing it open. 

My eyes scanned the deserted hallway to see no one there before I walk out of the room while shutting the door softly behind me. The silence ranged in my ears while I made my way down the hallway. My ears were straining to hear any noises that could be coming my way or to let me know if anyone was up. So far, I didn't hear anything as I descended to the main floor. While I was down here with Malik, I had noticed there was a door that could possibly leave to go outside. I did notice an opening in the roof in the other room, but I wasn't sure if my shoulder was ready for me to test it out. 

I probably wasn't ready to face Ehsan. The man who murdered my parents with the help of his Templar friends. All of them were going to pay. Slowly and painfully. I didn't care if I was not ready to face him. My revenge overcomes my fear. He will not escape from me. He was in the same city as me.

With silent footsteps, I made it over to the door. Hoping that it was an exit and not another storage compartment. My breathing was coming in very shallow as I did not breath or even utter a single sound. My hand tightened on the doorknob while I turn it over and pulled it open, but instead of the street. I saw crates upon crates and I groan to myself. This wasn't an exit. How the hell do I get out of here? How does Malik get out of here? I was starting to feel trap and frustrated. Not knowing what to do or how to get out of here. Then I felt a heavy force against my back as I tumble inside the storage room. The door being slammed into place. I heard a sound and realize that it was a key being placed in the lock

I quickly got to my feet and try to open the door before it could fully lock, but someone was on the other side of it while holding the door handle in place. I use my good shoulder to shove against the door, but it did no good as the lock was put into place. My heart started to pound away in my chest while I scream at the top of my lungs while banging on the door with my fist, "Let me out of here!" I even swore up and down that they were dead whoever had locked me in here.

A faint, but a familiar feminine voice spoke through the door, "You should have heeded my advice, girl. Now, I wouldn't be moving around too much. You may not have touched the food, but you have touched the parchment."

"What do you mean?" I shouted at her with confusion as I slammed my wrist against the door. They stung on impact as well as a burning sensation took over. I ignore it while continuing to shout at her, "You are dead when I get out of here! Dead! Do you hear me?"

"Such empty threats from a girl who is lock up in a storage room." I could literally hear the smugness in her voice.

The burning sensation coursed through my arms as I let out a scream. It freaking burns like everything was being set on fire and not the good kind of way either. This was bad. Very bad. What was I supposed to do in a situation like this? Quick footsteps got further away from the door as I whispered, "Don't leave me..."

I fell to my knees before falling backward. This burning sensation. This was death. Wasn't it? I was going to die in this darkness. In this room with no light. I would burn in hell for all eternity. My revenge means nothing. Not anymore. Nothing does.

Faint cries fell from my lips as it had grown intense and everything around me was disoriented. Everything was in three's and my eyelids were growing heavier by the minute. I thought I heard my name being called from someone. A faint door rattling and everything went black at the moment.

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you guys think?!

Thank you! :D