Chapter: 1 Stalking the Assassin (Edited)

Chapter: 1

Kalila's POV: 

I was on a horse making my way to a well-known city that goes by the name of Damascus. My eyes scanning over the people of the city. I watch out for the ones that wore the red cross on the front of their chest. I made my horse come to a stop that was outside of the entrance. I tied the horses' reins to the post. The horse snorted at me and it made me smile. Slowly, I pet the horse on the nose as it nudges my hand. I let out a chuckle lowly at the horse before slipping my hood over my head to concealed my long dark brown hair from unwanted stares. 

I kept my hood low over my face before walking down the street of Damascus. My eyes took in my surroundings and not really knowing where to start the hunt. Sooner or later, I will find out who murdered my parents and they will pay with their life. That's what I have been doing is narrowing my search to those who murdered my parent's. I have come across a group known as the Templars and from what I have heard. They have information that I'm looking for. The information containing to the ones that had murdered my parents.  

It was peaceful here in Damascus. There were guards standing at their posts in front of the entrance. Luckily, I spot a group of women holding vases on top of their heads that hold water in them. I went into the middle of them while grabbing a vase of my own. It wasn't that hard to make myself blend in with the other women. I cast my eyes downward to not draw any attention to myself before moving with the women into the small tunnel and out into the actual city of Damascus. The guards didn't pay any attention to us at all.

I slipped away from the other women while making sure that I didn't bump into any of them. That would be a catastrophe and bring attention to myself. That wouldn't be good for me nor my case of finding out information. With a sigh of relief, I move a little further more into the bustling city. The streets were full of people mingling with one another. Children laughing while running around and playing tag with each other. It was a good day for them to be out. It made me missed being with my parents. I was young, but it didn't mean that I would forget the memories of them.

I glance up onto the rooftops to see no guards. It was probably skittish of me, but I can't be too careful. With a quick glance over my shoulder, I began to walk down a different street that was busy with the same women from earlier. Some were carrying baskets instead of vases filled with water. There were markets lining up and down the street. The large canopies making a shade from the blistering hot Arabian sun. Some of the city folk were buying necessaries that were probably needed for them. The men were in clusters talking among themselves. It was practically the same routine of the normal civilians. 

My eyes notice someone while realizing that the person was the one that I was looking for. It was a Templar that was buying something from one of the stalls. A smirk spread across my lips as the Templar started to walk away from the stall. Finally, I will get some answers. The thought went through my mind, but it quickly fades away when I felt someone eyes on me. I didn't glance behind me knowing that the person was right there. Without looking obvious, my eyes wandered over to a fruit stall that was next to me and I turn my body to make it look like I was interested.

An unknown presence passed by me and a shiver race up my spine. He had a very intimidating presence. Out the corner of my eye, I see a man in white robes with his hood up. The male has a red sash wrapped around his waist holding pouches of many items. My eyes widen to see the shining objects know as daggers along with a long sword that was securely placed by his side. Who is this male?

It didn't take me long to figure out that he was going after the same Templar that I was going for. The male in the white robes was following his every movement. Same as me! The Templar turn down another street and the guy in the white robes follow him, only moments later. My anger fuels me while I gritted my teeth together. A thought went through my mind, how dare that guy think that he can steal that Templar away from me? I need that Templar for information!