Chapter: 3 Meeting the Assassin (Edited)

Chapter: 3

Altair's POV: 

The woman had disappeared once the last guy had fallen to his death. My eyes look all around me and not seeing the strange woman that had gotten herself into trouble. It must have been the same one from earlier this afternoon. The same on that gave me a slip in Damascus. This woman is seriously good at taking the advantage and running away. It leaves me questioning why. Why didn't she stay? I had saved her freaking life after all. That ungrateful woman. It left me puzzled and annoyed. Before I took a step forward, my eyes widen to the blood trail that I saw on the ground. The woman had an injury. Is that why she had run away from me? That doesn't make any sense if she did that. That would be a ridiculous move.

She was a mystery and she was only making me more agitated in why she kept running away from me. She didn't run from this goons but from me. Out of all the people in the blasted world. It had to be me. My feet guided me across the sandy ground as I was following the blood trail that would lead me to her. Did she not know who she was dealing with? She had one of the Templars down on the ground at sword point. There was no way that some woman could do that at all. Take down a Templar that easily especially holding them at sword length as well. Where in the world did she learn to fight like that? Who was her master? Who was this woman?

The walk wasn't long, but the blood trail had ended. My eyes look around for something else. Something that would give me a clue to where the woman was. She had disappeared easily again and it was hard trying to find her in the first place. She made it twice as hard now. What the hell was this woman thinking? Could she be dying somewhere? That would be the utmost tragic thing all day. I could care less about the woman. All I wanted was some answers. My eyes narrow onto a basket that was brushed aside and slowly crosses over to it. There were blood stains on it and I look over to the hut. There we are. 

The blood trail leads into the hut. With easy steps toward the door, I glance around making sure no one else was following me. Slowly, I open the door to see the woman lying there on the floor. Pale and look to be like she was in pain. It almost brought me pleasure to the headstrong woman who thought she could take anyone on, but with a heavy sigh of annoyance. I began to help the woman that was bleeding out on the floor. She probably wouldn't die from this, but if left unattended then it will which always happens in these cases. Good thing, that I found her or she would probably have ended up day by tomorrow night. 

Slowly, I began to undress her and not even bothering to look anywhere else except for her shoulder. I probably was going to get hell for this, but I'll tell her that she could have died easily if I didn't tend to her. Foolish woman. I made sure she was bandage and probably dressed once again. I remove her bloody cloak that had blood all over it before tossing it to the side with her dirty garments as I had placed new garments on her and remove her weapons belt. It looks like she made the weapons belt and there were even some throwing knives in here. Was she one of us? Who trains her on how to use a sword?

Great. More questions without answers.

*(*

 Kalila's POV:

Darkness. That's all I could see.

That's all I could feel that surrounded me. It was peaceful and it was silent. Something that I used to as I was alone. On my own and no one to know of my plans or know my whereabouts. Somehow, this time, it felt like I was being watched. There was nothing that I could do. Slowly, I felt myself moving upwards to a light that was shining down on me. It blinds me before my eyes snapped open to see everything was unfocused. Suddenly, everything that had happened slammed into me all at once. With a gasp, I sat up quickly. Feeling around for my sword, but only to find myself face to face with an unknown male that was in my hut. Their hands were placed on my shoulders and we pause for a moment there. He was completely taken surprise by me who was breathless, but the pain reminded me of where I was. It reminded me of what had happened to me.

The floor. I was dying on the floor. Where the hell did this person come from? How did he get into my hut? Is this another Templar in my house? I started to panic and felt around for my sword. For any weapon to use against this man that had my shoulders. He was saying something about calm down or something, but I wasn't listening at all. A sharp pain spread through my shoulder making me stop struggling and actually listening to what the man had to say. He spoke in an agitated tone, "Stop freaking out. You're safe. Okay?" 

I glare at the person that was in front of me and realize that it was the guy who was in the white robes. He had gotten rid of that Templar in Damascus. The one that I had been following. Then he must have been tracking me down to reach Jerusalem. He had come to my rescue in front of the fountain, where I had found myself surrounded by Templar's there. With an angry voice, I demanded, "Why are you in my hut? Where are my weapons? Who the hell do you think you are coming in here uninvited?"

He rolled his eyes, "Shut up." 

With that being said, he moves away from me. Sitting down on the opposite of me, but not close enough where I could lash out at him if I wanted to. The pain was rushing through me and making me remember that I needed time to heal. "Answer me!" I demanded.

"No. You answer my questions first." He counters back at me. 

I gritted my teeth in pain as he fires the first question at me, "Why were you following that Templar?"

So, he knew. Right from the beginning. Who was he? How did he know that I was following the Templar? I gritted my teeth together before speaking, "None of your business." 

It was easy to tell could see that he was getting frustrated by my lack of cooperation. Screw him. He can't make me say anything that I don't want to. There was a dangerous glint in his eyes before asking, "Who are you?" 

There was a long pause before I answer him, "Kalila." 

"Is there not anything else that you want to add to that?" He pressed me further. 

"It's none of your business," I spoke while glaring at him. I don't trust him. I don't know who he is and what kind of person he is. He did save me, but he needed an attitude adjustment. Then again, I am being a hypocrite when I know I am too. 

"Then it's none of your business in who I am either!" He snapped at me. It was a stare down between us. The silence stretching outwards and not releasing at all. We were getting nowhere, but I don't trust him. I don't even know his name and he knows mine now. I shouldn't have given my name out to him. Now, he could ask people around if they had seen me or not. 

"If it's none of my business of who you are, why did you help me?" I asked him. 

He was caught off guard and it earns me one point, "So, I can interrogate you."

"How is that working out for you?" I gave him a sneer as it made him gave a low frustrating growl as I knew I was getting underneath his skin. He was pushing me and I was pushing right back. I will not budge for anything.

In one swift movement, he was in front of me again. He grabbed my injured shoulder and press his thumb into the wound through my clothing along with the bandages that I feel against my skin. "Tell me or I will kill you myself, woman." 

"Go ahead!" I shouted at him while letting out a painful yelp, "I don't care what you do to me! For all I know, you are a bloody Templar just like them!"

Immidately, he releases his hand and I felt the unbearable throbbing as it stabbed at me from my wound. He growled out while glaring at me, "I am not a Templar. I am an Assassin." 

"What is an Assassin?" I asked breathlessly while feeling the pain growing and all I could see were black dots swarming my vision. Making me feel like I was going to pass out again. Instead of answering, he pushes me over roughly where I fell onto my back like a sack of potatoes. 

"I am done discussing this with an insolent child." He growled out before going back to the spot in the hut where he was at in the first place. With a rolled of my eyes, I couldn't even get one word out before the darkness took me under again. The pain was becoming too unbearable to the point where I couldn't take it anymore. It didn't take me long to fall back into a restless slumber once again. 

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you think of this one! :) 

Thank you! :D