Chapter: 6 Altair Again (Edited)

Chapter: 6

Altair's POV: 

I had stopped for the night and to camp out before continuing my way. There was a piece of paper fluttering down from a bird that was a messenger and the paper was folded as it landed next to me. Slowly, I open the letter to see the contents of the message. It was from Malik which wasn't surprising at all. That he was in Acre city and was being held up with a woman name Kalila who was gravely injured. I gritted my teeth and toss the letter into the fire. So, she ended up with Malik who had accidentally bump into her in the marketplace. That woman was in no condition to move, but yet she did anyway. She was a foolish woman. A stupid one at that as well. 

It didn't take me long to make a decision before shooting to my feet. I put out the fire quickly before gathering the equipment that I needed for traveling before getting my horse ready. The thought of her coincidentally ran into Malik almost seem like the universe was doing everything to get underneath his skin. I check everything over before nodding my head that I was ready to ride. With ease, I managed to hoist myself up into the saddle and spurred my horse onward to Acre city. Knowing full well that traveling in the night was dangerous as well, but I didn't care. I care more about that the situation at hand. It would give me great pleasure in tearing her to shreds and not caring one bit at all. 

Sadly, she was with Malik. It grinds my teeth together as I didn't like this at all. Two more of my troubles, but I was supposed to meet up with him anyway. It was why I was in Jerusalem in the first place, but unknowingly that I was going to run into that woman. She has to be the same one that had to follow me through that alleyway as well. It couldn't be a coincidence that I would run into her again in Jerusalem. It was like fate had a whole new meaning and it was really annoying.

 *(*

Kalila's POV:

My eyelid's flutter open to darkness, but my vision was blurry at first. I blink a couple of times before realizing that I wasn't at home. I was in a different room and was being taken care of a man name Malik. It has been a day and already I was feeling much better than what I have. Night time had taken over and I could see that candles were burning dimly. Giving the room a light glow and it felt peaceful. There was no one around and it made me feel like I could actually relax. It felt great not to put up my guard and I was alone. My eyes took in the room that I was in and notice how empty it was except for some furniture here and there. The windows were open and bringing in a nice warm breeze that wasn't filled with dryness, but there was actual moisture there as well.

Someone came into the room and my eyes instantly went over to see a woman walking into the room with a pale and a cloth. The woman kneeled down next to me while speaking softly, "I am only here to help you." She had a cloth mask covering half of her face, but her words were soft against my ears. It made me realized that maybe I could trust her. Just a little. She instructed, "Sit up, please." I did as I was told for once and sat up, but giving her an annoyed expression as I did so.

I didn't say anything to her as she began to undo my bandages to replace them and to damp the cloth across my forehead. Do I have a fever without realizing it? As she bandages my shoulder, I felt my eyes starting to drooped again. Feeling like I haven't slept in ages and she manages to keep me upright somehow. It was annoying me to no end that she was bothering me in the middle of the night. This must be some joke or something that they took pleasure in doing to people like me. As if she could feel my hostile expression, the woman spoke softly, "Your bandages needed to change and sadly that had to be now before morning arrives again." 

My eyes narrow into slits while sending her a doubtful expression before turning my attention away. I only made a 'hmph' noise before staying where I was. She let out a frustrated sigh but didn't say anything more than that. So, she ended up finishing up rather quickly while giving me a sharp tugged that made me hissed out in pain. She only apologizes quietly, but something behind her apology made my anger flare. It sounded like she was smug, but again. I didn't act on it. Once she was done, I was able to lay down once more. The nameless woman left the room again as the door shut behind her.