Chapter: 4 Escaping (Edited)

Chapter: 4

Kalila's POV: 

When I woke up again, I felt ten times worse than I did before. It felt like every muscle was sore. It pains me to even move an inch. My eyes look around as it looks like I was the only person here. It made me suspicious. He had questions and I had answers. He was dead set on getting them last night. For some reason, he was nowhere in sight. Strange. It makes me think of how stubborn I was last night, I didn't care. I don't know him and I don't trust him. He might have saved me, but for what? His own intentions or someone else's that wants me dead. I don't know, but he makes me nervous and wary of his actions. I am not sure what to expect from that man.

The front door rustles a little and my eyes shot to the door while patting the sides of me. No weapon was near me and I pulled myself up into a sitting position. Just as the door open and a man stepped into my hut while blinding me with the sunlight that streams in right behind him. My eyes squint up at the man before me and I realize that it was the same one from last night. "Rise and shine." He greeted me with an annoyed sigh before taking his seat again. 

I rolled my eyes while I hold my shoulder with one hand. The pain was bearable today and it wasn't hurting that much which was a surprise. A soft sigh escapes from my lips while looking at him and he asked, "So, are you going to tell me today or are you going to continue being stubborn?" 

"Why should I tell you anything?" I practically spat out at him. 

"Because you're a woman that I have never seen before that can wield a sword while defending herself in battle. Against Templars no less!" He shouted at me as he was completely annoyed by my unbreakable silence. "Which makes me come to a conclusion, are you part of the Brotherhood?" 

"No, I am not." I easily answered that one. 

"Rogue Templar?" He asked with a guarded look.

I snorted unladylike before hissing out between my clench teeth, "Never." 

His eyes started to twitch and his jaw clench then unclench. The power of his muscles was showing through those robes. He was built quite well. What does he look like under that hood of his? My assessment of him was abruptly cut off as he asked, "Why did you run away like that?"

"Who else wouldn't have done the same thing?" I retorted back with a question while sneering at him. 

His body was starting to shake from anger, but he spoke in a steady voice, "You were injured."

"You killed those guys like it was nothing," I stated.

"You did the same thing!" He shouted at me again.

We glowered at each other while not breaking eye contact. Seeing who will turn away first and it was almost like a competition. Seeing which one of us will break first, but I wasn't the one to back down from a challenge. No matter how petty it was. Pain struck through me and making my eyes water to the point where I had to blink and look away first. So much for not breaking first. It was this shoulder that was holding me back. My injured one. 

"I wasn't going to harm you." He spoke in a much calmer tone even though his lips were thin out to the point where he looks like he was scowling at me.

"How would I know that?" I hissed out between my teeth at him. 

He rolled his eyes, "Unbelievable. A woman who can wield a sword and stand her ground against Templars has trust issues. Who would have ever guessed?"

"You?" I nonchalantly asked while raising an eyebrow up at him. 

"It was rhetorical!" He snapped at me again.