Chapter 115 *Tissues*

It seemed like it took forever to get there when the bright lights of the hospital emergency ward finally faded into view and Joe pulled into a slot next to the sliding doors and ran inside just after they took Sapph inside and whisked her away to see if they could save her life.

Savage sat slumped in the hard orange plastic chairs, holding his head in his hands and sobbed, his shoulders shaking. The grief of losing his children and now possibly his wife became too much and he began breaking down.

Joe sat next to him, wrapped his arm around his shoulders, and rubbed his back. “She has to be okay Sav, she just has to be.” He said softly, trying to reassure his mate and himself.

“I hope so Joe. Why didn’t I see the signs? I shouldn’t have left her alone. This is my fault. I kept her a prisoner because I was jealous, I repeatedly abused her, and now our children are dead. If it weren’t for me, she wouldn’t be in surgery right now.” Savage put his face in his hands and wept.

“Don’t blame yourself Sav. It’s not going to do anyone any good. Sapph was just so grief stricken she couldn’t cope anymore. It’s no one’s fault. I’m going to call the others.” Joe squeezed his shoulder and leaned back in the chair, pulling his cell phone to his ear and began calling the other guys to let them know what was going on. The other Leppards arrived a few minutes later and all of them waited for word on Sapph.

“GOD, why aren’t they telling us anything?” Joe barely uttered the words when the double doors opened and Sapph’s surgeon approached them, his expression was grim. “How is she Doc? Is she alive?” Joe asked meekly.

 “The main artery was severed in both wrists, she lost too much blood. Sapphire passed away ten minutes ago. I’m sorry; we did everything we could for her.” The doctor told them regretfully, leaving to give them some privacy.

Joe fell to his knees and clenched his fists. “NOOOOOOOOO, SAPPHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!” Squeezing his eyes shut, he sobbed and his world crumbled around him, like some massive earthquake with no hopes of survivors.

Sav’s knees buckled and he fell, Phil catching him and Sav buried his face in Phil’s chest and wailed. “SAPPH, NOOO, she can’t be dead. THIS IS MY FAULT, SHE’S DEAD BECAUSE OF ME!!!” He screamed, his shoulders shaking with sobs.

Phil squeezed his eyes shut, trying to comfort his friend. “No Sav, it’s no one’s fault mate, no one’s fault.” He said gruffly, stroking Sav’s hair and rocked him back and fourth in his arms.