Chapter 110 *Tissue warnings*

Sapph’s mind flashed to Rachael’s first Christmas she understood at two-years old and how her eyes sparkled when she saw the Christmas tree lit up in blue’s and white lights, her smile that warmed her heart. “My sweet girl. I WANT MY  BABIES BACK!!!” Sapph screamed, sobbing, her soul felt like it was being ripped to shreds.

Damon’s first steps filled her thoughts and she and Sav had the camera filming him when he took those tentative little steps and how he’d grinned, watching them then fell on his bottom.

Her baby boy loved to explore and many times Sapph had to rescue him from falling when he’d be daring and climb on top of things, showing no fear. He looked just like his daddy but had her eyes. “WHY COULDN’T YOU TAKE ME INSTEAD DAMN IT!! MY CHILDREN WERE JUST INNOCENT LITTLE BABIES.”

Sapph’s grief filled mind began thinking about Joe and their week together and she’d fallen in love with him all over again. She never knew it was possible to love someone so deeply that her very breath would stop when their eyes met.

He consumed her every waking moment and her senses savored every smell of his skin, the dark green color of his eyes and the way his voice caressed her ear when he spoke. “I love you so much Joe. I don’t want to live my life without you in it anymore. I don’t want to go on, it’s too much. I can’t do this anymore. If there’s no chance we’ll ever be together, I don’t want to live.”

Sapph thought about Sav and how he’d look at her every time he thought she wasn’t looking. He treasured her every laugh, her every syllable when she’d tell him about her day. She didn’t deserve to be loved by Sav or anyone. Sapph could no longer take the fire that blazed through every pore of her skin the pain was consuming her.

Sobbing, Sapph’s heart wrenched and her spirit died, dying with her children and knowing she could never be with Joe. The emptiness swallowed her soul and darkness seeped into her mind.  

Forcing herself to open her eyes, she stared at the cold lifeless metal in her fingers and found comfort in it. This would end the pain and the constant heartache she felt living her life without Joe. “I just want the pain to stop. I can’t go on without my babies or Joe, it hurts too much. I just want it to stop hurting.”

Sapph sobbed, looking at the cold steel blade. “I love you Sav and I love you Joe. Forgive me.” Pressing the blade against her skin, Sapph drew the blade across her wrist, opening the flesh and watched as crimson pools of blood began pouring from her wrist.