Chapter 53

Autumn hesitated, debating on whether or not she should argue with him. “Sav, I..I.”

Sav rolled his eyes. “GO NOW AUTUMN, I won’t tell you again.” He snapped, pulling his Motorola from his shirt pocket and flipped it open.

Autumn sprang from the booth, ran from the lounge, tears filling her eyes, and leaned against the wall of the lift after the doors shut and cried. When she entered the room, she began wondering just how angry Sav would be when he finally arrived back upstairs.

Sav tapped the book of matches on the wooden table, thinking and exhaled a cloud of smoke through his mouth, thinking about his wife. He felt a twinge of guilt because he’d been having an affair for the past two years and knew without doubt that in the five-years Sapph and him had been married, she’d remained faithful, devoting all her time to their children and him.

He’d justified his affair with Autumn by telling himself that him and Sapph were having problems and they’d spent six months apart without even so much as calling to say hi. That’s when he met Autumn. Sav had gone to the bar when they were in London for an album promotion signing party to drown his sorrows in a bottle of Smirnoff’s Vodka when he met her.

He’d had no idea until six months later that she was Sapph’s sister. Autumn never talked about her and he never would have known had it not been for the fact she’d suddenly mentioned seeing their picture in the paper when they’d married and Sav had been blown to bits when she blurted out that Sapph was her sister.

Sav growled, tossing back the amber liquid and slammed down the glass on the table. “Of course, that’s also when Sapph and Joe had become even closer. At times Sav would come downstairs to find them talking in the living room snuggled against each other and sharing memories from when they first met to talking about her career as a singer and all he’d done was stand in the shadows, watching them as if he were an outsider looking in.

Sapph loved him yes but she’d never love him the same way she loved Joe. He felt comfort in Autumn’s arms and the best part was, there were no strings, until now.

He didn’t love Autumn, that was a given but she kept him occupied and she was a good fuck. There wasn’t love but she was his possession and he’d be damned if he would let her get away with sassing him.