My Everything

Sapphire groaned, rolling over and slowly opened her eyes looking at the clock before reaching for the phone and put it against her ear. “Hello.” She said groggily, glancing over at Sav who slept soundly, lightly snoring with his hand tucked underneath his head. 

“Sapph, can you come get me?” Joe slurred, staggering and nearly fell when he bent down to pick up the pack of smokes he dropped in the gravel. 

Sapphire quickly rose from the bed, pulling on her robe over her nakedness and walked toward the bathroom so she wouldn’t wake her husband. “Joe, where are you? You sound drunk.” 

“I’m at..let me look.” Joe slurred, squinting his eyes up at the flashing neon sign. “Bleeding Horse pub. Please Sapph, I need to talk to you. Kristine and I had a fight.” 

Sapphire sighed, turning on the gold knobs on the bathroom faucet. “Alright Joe but I have to tell Sav where I’ll be.” 

“Thank you luv.” Joe plopped down on the hood of his car, at least he thought it was his and lay back against the black hood, closing his eyes and felt a dull throb behind his temples. 

“Stay where you are and don’t move.” Sapphire told him, walking back into the bedroom and sat next to Sav. 

Sapphire hung up and leaned down, kissing Sav’s shoulder. “Baby, that was Joe. He’s had a fight with Kristine. I’m going to go pick him up.” 

Sav stirred, rolling over on his side and opened his eyes. Yawning, he sat up and kissed her lightly. “Do you want me to come with you sweetheart?” 

Sapphire kissed him tenderly and ruffled his hair. “Who would stay with Rachael and Damon?” 

Sav smiled and closed his eyes again. “Oh yeah huh? Drive carefully sweetheart and don’t stay out too long.” 

Sapphire leaned forward, kissing him long and passionately. “Hmm, I won’t baby and if you’re a good boy, I’ll wake you when I get home.”

Sav snapped his eyes open, grinning and wrapped his arms around her waist, rolling her onto her back and slid his hand underneath her t shirt, gently stroking her full breast. “Maybe you should stay here and call Joe a cab.”