Chapter 74

Autumn had to play this just right if she didn’t want this getting back to Savage. “Rick and I sort of don’t get along. We didn’t like each other from the start so I would rather he didn’t know I was here asking where he lived. I was hoping to catch Sapphire at home alone so we could catch up.” 

“That would be hard considering Savage is home most of the time and Sapphire is home taking care of the children. Savage works out of his home when he’s not traveling.” Joe leaned up against the doorframe, crossing his arms across his chest, planting his hands under his arms.

A flicker of jealousy passed through Autumn’s mind and she smiled tightly. “Yes, I’d heard Sapphire had kids now. That’s so wonderful. I always knew she’d make a great mom. They must look like Mom and Dad.”

Joe nodded, for some reason he felt the need to be on his guard around her. “Yeah they do. Listen, I was just leaving. If you don’t have to get back to London, there’s plenty of Bed and Breakfasts in Dublin to stay at and you can come back in the morning to see Sapph. I can tell her you stopped by.”

Autumn shook her head quickly and smiled. “No, please don’t tell her I was here. I want it to be a surprise. We have so much to discuss. I am anxious to tell her about my baby I’m expecting. Unfortunately the father isn’t in the picture but I’m happy none-the-less about it.”

Joe nodded, stepping through the door and locked it, pocketing his keys in the front left pouch of his jeans. “Congratulations, I’m sure Sapph will be happy for you. Take care and come back tomorrow, Sapph may be home by then.”

Autumn watched Joe climb into his viper and drive away and smiled wickedly. “Ohh, you better believe I’ll be back Joe and if my sister isn’t home, I’ll just wait for her. Maybe even tell her that the bun I have in the oven belongs to her loving husband and he’s been in my bed for the past two-years.”

Climbing into the silver Mercedes she’d rented, Autumn backed from the driveway and pointed the car in the direction of Savage’s home. The first thing she needed to do was get in the house and begin setting the stage for her reunion with her sister. The hard part would be to get her alone.

The last thing she wanted was for Savage to catch her. He’d made it painfully clear what would happen if she ever showed her face in Dublin. Pulling the Mercedes into Savage’s driveway, Autumn climbed out and sprinted up the steps and immediately began searching for a key to let herself in. Finding the silver triangle key, Autumn opened the door and stepped inside. Autumn looked around and was impressed. “Okay, now to find something I can use.”