To the Edges

Title: To the Edges

Genre/Subgenre: Science Fiction/Clockpunk

Story Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/3538684-to-the-edges/parts

Status: Complete

Written By: parishsp

Tags Used: clock clockpunk darkness fiction harem helicopter medieval prostitute science wattpadprize14

Summary: Melanie is stuck in the darkness, where the sun literally does not shine. What happens when she and the man in the brown top hat cross paths? To the Edges is a Clockpunk story of hope with a twist.

Cover Copy

Review: I adore parishsp's writing, her use of the English language is excellent and this short story showcases her skills wonderfully

Review: I adore parishsp's writing, her use of the English language is excellent and this short story showcases her skills wonderfully. Her portrayal of Melanie, a brothel slave, of a soulless city and of Goliath, are more than enough to have the reader hooked from the beginning.

Melanie, the brothel's most popular girl, is a deep enjoyable character, and the reader cannot help but root for her. The supporting cast is led by Pierre, Melanie's instantly likeable boss and our heroine's number one suitor. He doesn't seem too bad a man to work for, either, if one can overlook the profession of his 'employees.'

It's when Melanie meets the man in the brown top hat though, that things really start to get interesting.

To the Edges will definitely appeal to fans of Steampunk and Clockpunk alike. If you're new to either subgenre and are looking for a short story with which to test the water, then I can't think of many better places to start than this!

Reviewer: Anon