Chapter Fifteen: Yet Darker

Sam left the room and walked down the hall to the right. They look back for a final look at the grey door. But the entire hallway vanished! The only thing Sam sees is the crystallized cheese.

Things are getting weirder and weirder. Sam walks down the new room and finds another one of those teleporting boxes in front of a small cave room. Sam ignores the box and heads inside the room, expecting something cool. But the room was empty. Why have a huge space, but nothing inside? Sam thinks it's a waste of time and they leave the room and keep going right.

They go right and the environment changes! Everything is dark and the water glows a neon blue color. Sam walks down into the darkness. The ground is black and the waters are blue. There are blue flowers all around. Sam finds a crossroads. Down, or to the left?

The left seems interesting, so Sam goes that way. When suddenly, two Moldsmals crawl out of the water and start a fight! Sam raises their fists and braces themselves.

They quickly punch both Moldsmals with the fight button. These had the same counter attack as the ones in the Ruins. So it was simple and easy to defeat them. The battle ends and the Moldsmals only drop a little bit of gold. The weaker the monster, the lower the prize.

Sam keeps walking to the left and finds themselves in a dead end. There are glowing mushrooms on the ground. A small patch of tall grass in the center of the room. Sam peeks in the grass and finds a pair of ballet shoes. They pick the shoes up and replace their boxing gloves with them.

The gloves may be tough, but the shoes are sharp. Sam walks back to the crossroads and heads downwards. Following the dark path, they pass glowing waterfalls. They even encounter another Woshua. But with the new ballet shoes, the monster had no chance.

The path soon turns and Sam finds themselves walking north. They run into a room with water all around. The floor is pitch black, it's like walking on nothing. Its oddly silent. Like something was supposed to happen here. Or maybe, something already has.

Sam walks east through the room full of water and into a room that looks like the beginning of the cave again. They walk into the room, but once they step inside they spot a monster in the corner!

Sam's soul comes to life as a battle begins. The enemy is a Shyren. Its head is facing the wall so Sam does not have a good look. All they can see is a fish like backside. Or, at least they think it looks like a fish.

Sam pushes the fight button, and with multiple jabs of the ballet shoes Shyren is dead. They move through the room, ignoring a path leading north. They continuing heading towards the right. They feel like this is the way to go.

Just a little ways east, they pass a broken statue. Rain drops from above on this statue. It seems to have been a monster. Afterwards, they run into a trashcan filled with umbrella's. A sign tells them to take one. But Sam ignores the sign and simply keeps walking.

They soon realize why there was a can of umbrella's. The next cave corridor is leaking from above. Resembling heavy rain. Sam walks through the puddles and straight into Monster Kid.

"Yo! You can't hold an umbrella either?"

Sam actually can hold an umbrella. Unlike Monster Kid, Sam has hands. They are simply too lazy to go back and take one.

"If you're walking anyway, I guess I'll go with you."

Sam continues waking down the corridor with Monster Kid right behind them. Monster Kid likes to talk a lot apparently, because through the entire walk they kept spewing nonsense.

"Man, Undyne is sooooooo cool. She beats up bad guys and NEVER loses! If I was a human, I would wet the bed every night knowing she was gonna beat me up. Ha Ha!"

Apparently Monster Kid doesn't know Sam is human. Have they been in the Underground too long again? They need more LOVE and EXP to get stronger.

"So, one time. We had a school project where we had to take care of a flower. The king - we had to call him "Mr.Dreemurr" - volunteered to donate his own flowers. He ended up coming to school and teaching the class about responsibility and stuff. That got me thinking... how cool would it be if UNDYNE came to school! She could beat up all the teachers!"

Monster Kid laughs as they continue to walk down the wet corridor. Sam spots the end where the rain seems to stop.

"Ummm, maybe she wouldn't beat up the teachers. She's too cool to ever hurt an innocent person!"

The wet corridor ends and there is a massive breakage in the cave. Everything is dark, the rocks on the ceiling resemble stars in the night sky. There is a huge castle in the distance. Sam gets a feeling they are far from the exit to the Underground.

Sam and Monster Kid eventually meet a dead end. There is a ledge they can't reach. There is no way past it.

"Yo, this ledge is way too steep. But you wanna see Undyne right? Climb on my shoulders."

Sam steps on Monster Kid's shoulders and climbs on top of the ledge.

"Ow... yo, try being a little less rough haha. Anyway, I'll look for another way through. Later!"

Monster Kid runs back through the dark wet corridor. Falling on his face again of course. Sam continues heading east. Feeling pretty relieved that they got rid of that annoying little monster. They run into a save point. Red text springs up as they heal. 12 left.

Sam continues walking and eventually find a large bridge. Two bridges actually, seeing as a similar one is underneath them. They walk on the bridge slowly as a familiar feeling hits them. They are not alone.

Undyne sends glowing spears spiking up underneath Sam. She's on the bridge below them! Sam gets on their feet and runs down the bridge. Multiple twists and turns, dodging Undyne's spears. Until eventually, they reach a dead end.

Did they make a wrong turn? Sam turns around and runs back on the bridge to find a way around. But they are cornered. Undyne walks in front of them and breaks the bridge with her spear. Sam falls and blacks out.