Results

She hadn't really been suprised at Jacobs support, she always knew he was the kind of man who was capable of so much love. The thing that suprised her was that he felt she was the one worth giving it too, he and Grace were two peas in a pod and she sometimes felt like they could be the perfect family.
She had booked two appointments for the clinic and found she couldn't go through with it, the chance that she would be getting rid of Jacobs baby tore at her like glass. She couldn't do that to him or to her, she held his hand as she felt the cold jelly upon her tummy.
"So this is your first scan, so we will be able to check measurements and size" the woman smiled happily.

Jacob felt her tense her grip moving his other hand to hold hers more securely, his eyes meeting hers telling her he understood her anxiety.
"I want the amniocentesis" she said abruptly at the sonographer.
"Do you want to see first?" She asked moving to tilt the screen.
She shook her head, "do it first" she snipped.
"Are you aware of the risks it may carry" she said seriously.
"I'm a doctor, what do you think" she snapped.
"Okay give me a minuite"
"Connie" Jacob said softly.
She refused to look at him, she knew the tears would fall if she did. She had to do this she had to know first, before she looked at the screen and fell in love. She had to know, be prepared.

The woman returned a few minutes kater, "right ill just give you some pain relief"
Connie nodded "so I'm guessing you know what I'm going to do" the nurse spoke softly.
"Yes just do it please" Connie said more softly.
She couldn't watch the needle as penetrated her growing bump, her hand squeezing Jacobs harder.
"Right all done, now if there is any bleeding you need to come back in straight away. It will take a few days to get the results" she smiled at them reassuringly.
"No it won't" she pulled out her phone and called down to the labs, and test analysis, "Mrs Beauchamp here, yes the very same. I'm sending down some test, I expect them to be done and the results ready by the end of the day. Yes" she said curtly hanging up.
"Right well we will book into see you again later today" she said wiping her stomach and standing.
"Make sure you send those down straight away" she said professionally walking out.
"Sorry" Jacob offered apologetically she just nervous.
"it's ok, I didn't realize who she was until just now, your a brave man" she smirked.
"No just in love" He smiled politely before leaving to find her.

"Come on let's go for some lunch take our minds off it until we get the results" he suggested.
"No I've got work to do" she snipped the walls going up, the fear of what would happen next consuming her this reault would change everything. She couldn't think, she stormed onto the ward followed by Jacob, moving to the surgery list.
"Arh Connie I didn't know you were in today" Elliot smiled.
"Well here I am, you look busy so I'll take this surgery off your hands I'll go get scrubbed in"
"Connie" he attempted to argue before backing down as her stare moved to meet his gaze.
"Yep, ok, very good" he stuttered seeing Jacob shrug apologetically.

He hadn't wanted to leave her, so he had agreed to help out for a while. She was avoiding him like he had assumed she would as soon as she had told him she was going up to Darwin.
It had been three hours until she bumped into him, "watch where your going" she shouted before looking up to see it was him.
"Sorry" she said quietly.
"Your office now sweetcheeks" she went to refuse but his steely glare forced her to back down as she turned and headed towards the office.
Shutting the door behind them he locked it, he moved forward pulling her into him.
"Jacob let go" she hissed, "no Connie I won't" he held her tighter kissing her hair, "do you know how much I love you" he whispered moving to kiss her cheek as she relaxed in his hold.
"Jacob I need.. let me go" she fought to retain her composure, the tears strung her eyes.
"Nope your where you should be with me, no matter what -this won't change us"
"How can you know that's true" she whimpered her facade of control wavering, as she felt him wrap around her. She loved him like she had never loved anyone, and the thought he may leave her, that all this would be gone scared her more than anything else.
"Because I love you more than anything, and I'd never give you up" he smiled seeing her visible relax as she read his honest loving expression.
"I love you too" she smiled softly, "you make me so happy".
"You make me so happy Connie, Now let me kiss you" he whispered as he nipped at her neck a soft moan escaping her tightly pursed lips.
"Mmmmm that's better" he soothered her claiming her lips again, feeling her respond softly, lovingly.

They had ended up in the sofa kissing, "I feel like a teenager" she laughed.
"Me too, I love spending time with you like this, just us" he smiled.

A knock at the door caused her to groan and pull away from his embrace, "sorry to interrupt" Elliot smiled awquardly as he peered through to see Jacob.
"It's fine" she sighed.
"I just need to grab something from my desk and these are up from the lab, I was told they were urgent" he handed her over the envelope.

She waited until he left before locking the door, staring down at the envelope and then at Jacob.
"This is it" she said her hand shook as she held it.
"Connie whatever the result we will deal with it together" he moved to hold her.
"Lets sit down" he suggested
She nodded following him before lightly perching on the sofa.
"Ready?" He asked.
"Ready!" She nodded tearing it open her eyes transfixed upon the writing upon the crisp white paper, as she held her breath.