Micheal

She had seen him as she entered the department choosing to ignore him hoping he would do the same.
She couldn't face him she felt guilty for hurting him. But she was livid at how he had behaved and how he had made her feel. She was glad that Jacob was working today. She would try and avoid him and remain professional, the last thing she wanted was to be the centre of gossip.

She had had a text and a photo from Emily, Grace seemed happy and settled with her. It was the first day she had been left with her. And she smiled as another photo flashed across her screen or Grace laughing in her highchair.
It was a relief to know she was happy and safe, as she had left not long after Emily had arrived. Anxiously she had left leaving Jacob to make sure they were ok, before following her into work.

She had been relieved when a knock at the door had been Jacob and nobody else. She was dreading the inevitable meeting with Micheal.
She had seen Micheal huddled with Sam and knew, he would soon work out who jacob was.
It annoyed her at Sams gaul if Micheal knew about Grace he would be the last person he wanted to spend time with.

Their friendship grated on her from the start especially, if they were ganging up on her. Where was the morals in that.
"You've seen Micheal then I'm guessing" Jacob said moving to sit next to her.
"Yeah it was bound to happen. I'm just going to stay out of his way. Maybe if you do the same we can avoid a scene at work at least" she sighed.
He nodded kissing her lips softly. "We will be ok, let's get through today and then we can have a quite night together" he smiled.
"Sounds perfect" she smiled kissing him again .
"I best get on my boss is a dragon" he teased.
She glared at him "Yes I've heard that" she smirked failing to hide her smile.

Her door spun open unceremoniously ... she slowly looked up feigning indifference. She was suprised to find it wasn't Micheal.

"Connie! Micheal has just told me about you and him. What the hell? With that new nurse as well I thought you had standards?" He laughed.

"Not helpful. Not your business and your the biggest hipocrite if you hadn't forgot" she snapped glaring at him with such distaste.
"How dare you. Who do you think you are?, Get out" she shouted.
He back tracked seing the seriously pissed off expression on her angry face.

"I just don't get it connie. You told us we couldnt happen and then this..." he said angrily.
"We both agreed it wouldnt happen again. It shouldn't have happened anyway. But I didn't realise how right I was. I thought you'd at least be a friend but you've budded up to Micheal. If he knew!" She spat angrily.
He moved forwards to sooth her as she shook her head friendly "No" she spat moving backwards.
"Connie I'm sorry it was a shock, I can handle us not being together if your with Micheal, but Jacob and you. That's different. I'm sorry it upset me I shouldn't have barged in here" he tried to apologize.
"Don't" she snapped, "just go" she sighed.
He sighed "Fine! You know how I feel about you Connie. Im Not going to say I'm happy about you shacking up with some nurse. You told me it couldn't happen again between us and you've been at it with someone else. So sorry if I'm not feeling all sympathetic now it's blown up in your face" he growled.

"Stop be so childish Sam. I was at a low point when I gave in to your advances I thought you were a decent guy. You'd understand I wanted to save my marriage. Jacob I didn't mean it to happen. Me and micheal have been done for a while he only decided to start treating my like a human being again after I'd fallen for Jacob. So it's his loss not mine, I tried everything to make it work. Shame he didn't realise what I meant to him before he'd lost me".

"Fine be like that! Just to warn you Micheal is in the meeting this afternoon" he saw the flash of panic across her face. He couldn't help feel bad for her she had seemed a lot happier of late. And she obviously hadn't taken the decision lightly. But his jealousy meant he couldn't show her that.

She sighed as he shut the door unceremoniously and left. She was relived when she saw a text from Jacob. Come to the on call room now sweetcheeks" x.
she smiled her feet instantly controlling her body as she made her way to the on call room.
"Hey your a sight for sore eyes" she sighed wrapping her arms around his neck as he pulled her close.

"That bad eh?" He said softly.
"Could say that Micheals here, sams just had a go and I've got a meeting with them both later about further robotics funding. Which if his behaviour is anything to go by could go either way" she sighed.

He moved to the bed and sat down. "What the hell happened to your face" she gasped running her hand over his bruised cheek.
Her face etched with concern and worry as she saw him flinch at her gentle touch.
"Let's just say Micheal recognised me and knows I work here. He was less than pleased shall we say".
"Oh jacob I'm so sorry" she said sadly.
"This isn't what you signed up for" she spoke sadly.
"I did and stop that. I'd have floored him but I didn't want to make things worse for you" he said softly stroking her neck.
She looked up at him a little confused and appreciatively.
"It happened in the middle of the ED reception I was down talking to Charlie" he sighed.
" So it's safe to say anyone who didn't know about you and me, does now! " he sighed. "Not the quite version of telling people we were going for. I didn't hit him but if Charlie hadn't stepped in" she could see the anger boiling inside him.
"Hes got a nasty streak" she sighed.
"I may have shouted a few home truths at him. I just couldn't hear him talk about you like that, after he'd been at the house, and your car. Who the fuck does he think he is" his voice raised in anger.
"He's some piece of work" he hissed.

"I've never seen him like this. I expected something but not this. I didn't see him slashing tyres and wrecking the house. And he's never hit any body on his life. I can see this afternoon going badly" she ran her hand through her hair the stress flooding her.
"Come here" he said lovingly pulling her close.
"I love you Connie Beauchamp. I'm sorry this is starting off to yo be the beginning of a crap day" he said tentatively stroking her cheek and kissing her lips.
"I love you too Jacob masters. He can throw a bomb on holby. It wouldn't change my decision or how I feel about you. He pushed me away he only has himself to blame. Now he's lost the best thing that ever happened to him" she smirked.
"That's my girl" he grinned.
"I like the way that sounds" she smirked.
"Me too, now come on before I decide to push my luck, and do something in this call room which in no way would be professional or appropriate " he laughed.
"I'm not stopping you" she smirked their lips pressing against one another the heat building. She loved how he could take something negative and some how flop it to a positive. Her frown instantly changing to a coy smile as she embraced his hold on her.

The door sprung open as Charlie smirked, flooding the room with light from the hall.
"I Thought I might find you here as neither of you were where you should be" he tried to hid his grin. "Elliot needs you... As much as I hate to break you love birds up. Connie your needed in theatre. Mass car pile up" he said hurried, as she pushed her lips against Jacob and followed him.
"See you later" he mouthed as she nodded and smiled leaving him to gather himself and follow back onto the ward.