Counter Attack

Sorry lost my rhythm with this a little, so I've tried. Here is the next update xx

"Connie maybe you should go home" Jacob suggested agitated as she approached him in the corridor.
"Why would I want to do that" she snipped looking at him confused.
"I just really think it might be a good idea" he said softly.
"Don't be silly Jacob I've got a full list of surgeries to do, I'm Clinical lead I can't just take the day off, especially because you tell me too" she said the annoyance growing,
"Connie.." he pleaded.
"Jacob whats going on?"
"Lets go to your office" he suggested watching as she slung her bag more firmly over her shoulder, her heels clicking the short distance to her office.
"Tell me what's going on Jacob, is it something to do with Micheal?" She asked watching his uneasy expression as he sat beside her, as she sat at her desk.

"The pictures" he said simply.
"What about them" the exasperation peaking at his inability to tell her what was going on.
"Look Jacob let's keep things separate, I've got a job to do and so do you" she finished.
"He's put them up around the hospital, everyone has seen them" he spoke quietly unsure in her reaction.
"He's done what!" She shouted looking up from her paperwork.

"He's put them up in the staff room and in the ED, I've taken as many down as I can find. But there are lots of them and many of the staff have seen them" he sighed.
"What of me and you?" She asked feeling the anger boiling.
"And the other of you in the lift. He's just lashing out acting like a child, because you got one over him on the robotics project. But people are talking and well... maybe it be best to give it some time for the gossip to quieted down" he spoke caringly. " oh I swear he wanted a war he's got one, how dare he! Is he here?" She asked watching him shake his head.
"No of course he's not" she sniggered, "he's pathetic".

She leaned forward and kissed him, "I love you...I'm not running away. He's trying to humiliate me and it's not going to work. I'm sorry your in the middle of this, but if I don't front it out he wins" she said firmly.
She leant in and kissed him passionately, come and find me in your break" she smiled.

"What are you going to do?" He asked standing up to follow her.
"My job" she quipped sharply. "Him putting the pictures up says more about him than it will ever say about me" she sighed.
He hadn't been sure of her reaction but he hadn't banked on it being this, "now I've got work to do" she smiled. She straighten her dress, and fluffed her hair heading for the ward. Her body held high as she stormed along the busy corridors, she felt eyes upon her but carried on ignoring them.

"Jac, what did we do to have the pleasure I thought you were in aau for the next month" she smiled with a snide glare.
"Um well Elliot thought he might need a hand up here today" she smirked, "seeing as you may be distracted" she smiled.
"Well as you can see I'm here and we don't need you, so you can head back downstairs. Leave  CT to those who are up to the job" she refuted Jac's attempt to argue strutting away.

"Right Nurse Masters can you get the woman in bed four prepped for her value resection she's first on my list" she said Cooly and professionally.
"Yes of course Mrs Beauchamp" he replied hiding his smile as she discreetly winked at him.

Her heels hit the hard white floor loudly as she made her presence known, striding through her ward, her domain. Micheal would not take this from her, she was here and this was her kingdom he wouldn't win.

"Nurse Morton can you stop with the chit chatting and get back to work. Their are patients that need to be treated" she snipped angrily her glare said a thousand words.
She moved to write upon the chart, watching the nurses scuttle away quickly.
Shuffling the papers she found upon her intray, she looked up at Elliot. "Connie how are you?" Elliot asked kindly.
"Right Elliot, I've got a valve resection this morning, and we've got a double bypass this afternoon I could use Mr Strachan to assist. If you can free him up?" She asked curtly.
"Yes of course" he agreed flustered.
"I'll be in theatre if you need me" she called as she walked away abruptly.
He walked quickly beside her " Connie Are you sure your ok?" He asked again more gently as he walked beside her.
"Yes why wouldn't I be" she snipped walking off towards the scrub room.
"Arh Mr Strachan with me" she shouted as he stopped to look up at her.
"Oh I um... I think I'm with Dr Hope today actually " he smiled uneasily.
"not anymore, get scrubbed up" she shouted disappearing to get changed.

"Nice of you to join us Mr Strachan" she glared as she finished applying her gown.
"I got distracted" he smirked.
"Something funny?" She snipped snidely.
"No not at all, i was just admiring some photography in the staff room" he tried to cover his smirk as he applied his gloves and gown.
"Arh yes well They show my good side, but then you'd know about that. Not my fault you missed out" she smirked sarcastically.
He opened his mouth to reply and shut it again, he had always hoped for a proper chance with her but she'd always treated him like a pathetic school boy. She glared at him knowingly, her eye brow arched her lips tightly pursed together as she tried to control herself.
"I'd think very clearly who's side you'd on, Micheal isn't in control of your development in this hospital" she smirked watching his grin disappear instantly.
"Hmm, that's what I though" she glared, "Right shall do the job, where here for" she quipped striding into the theatre.

"Clamp, right she's going to bleed out if we don't get the bleeding to stop, lets get her onto bypass.
Scalpel, and suction. Are you just going to stand there Mr Strachan, or are you planning to participate anytime soon" she hissed.
He handed her the scalpel as she made the incision, right I've Found the tear.. we need to cut away the dead tissue and patch up the value. Mr Strachan focus" she snipped.
The exchange between them was fierce the tension papalpable as she glared at him, snatching the clamp from his hand and taking control.

"Don't take it personally she's a little stressed by all accounts, all that exercise" Zubin smirked.
"I'm sorry what was that Dr Karn, I'd have thought you of all people would know what hospital gossip is like. At least I wasn't sleeping with my best friends daughter, who lets face it could be your daughter" she hissed.
She waited for a rebuttal but it didn't come, she felt her power fill the room. She was Connie Beauchamp and she commanded respect, and she would get it, she smirked at her small win.
"Ok, that's the resection done, can I trust you to close up Mr Strachan" she glared watching him nod.

She slumped into her desk running her hand through her hair, the door clicked open.