Fresh beginnings

I'm unsure whether to leave it there, as I never intended to keep it going so long....😂

I'm happy to keep going if people want it, so let me know in the comments if this is a good point to leave the rest unwritten, or if you'd like me to continue.
Thank you all for your lovely comments and reading its lovely knowing you all enjoy reading the updates 👍💕Xxxx

"So sweet cheeks what now he knows?" Jacob asked not wanting to upset her but knowing the need for some sort of plan.
"Well how would you feel about being a proper couple working together and living together?" She asked a little more tentively than her normal confidence would have enabled.
"I'd say that's the best news I've had since the day you dropped your ID card" he smirked.
"Well I'm glad you think so. So how about today we forget about it all...shall we all go for lunch?" She suggested.
"Whatever you want to do, I know this isn't as easy as your making it out to be. I don't expect everything to change over night I know you and Micheal have unresolved issues" he said supportively.
"That might be true 'j.ob' as my daughter now loves to call you, but I feel freer, calmer some how now I don't have to pretend. Nothing gives me more pleasure than the thought of being with you properly" she grinned.
"I couldn't have put it better myself" he grinned picking Grace up from her play pen.
"And what do you think little madam" she smiled "J.ob" she spoke looking from Jacob to her mother.
"Yes it's Jacob, clever girl" she smiled.

They had enjoyed a lovely lunch at the local Nature Reserve, Jacob happy to push the buggy as Connie walked contentedly beside him.
"I wish I'd met you before now" she frowned.
"Everything happens for a reason and in its own time babe. This is our time" he smiled leaning to kiss her cheek.
"Your such a smooth talker" she smirked.
"One of my many talents" he chuckled as she mocked outrage.
"Modesty clearly isn't one" she laughed.
"Hey" he laughed poking her.
"Okay okay I take it back" she laughed.
"So does this mean we can tell people at work, I mean everyone knows I've got a hot mystery girlfriend" he smirked.
"Do they now" she laughed,
"Yeah I may have spoke about you to a few people" he smiled happily.
"Well as much as I have enjoyed sneaking around with you, it does seem the next step. I doubt Micheal will keep it quiet especially when he finds out you work at the hospital. I'm suprised he didn't recognize you" she sighed.

"Hes got his head up his arse most of the time" Jacob jibed.
She raised her eyebrow questioningly at him, "what" he exclaimed watching her unsure expression.
"He marches around like he owns the place, and is always putting you down from what I've heard, he hates your better at your job than he is" she smiled she couldn't really argue, it was an accurate description.

"I don't want to be the hospital gossip Jacob, I keep my life private. So no big annocement or anything, when people notice they notice, and we are going to have to make sure we stay professional" she insisted.
"Of course Mrs B" he winked, "but I suggest if that's the case you make sure you don't wear that sort black skirt you wear, or that blue dress that's well I can't describe how fuckable you look in it" he paused.
"And now I think of it, that you wear proper underwear unlike last week, actually maybe you should get an entirely new wardrobe if your insisting I keep my hands to myself" he laughed at her seductive glare.
"What can I say, your bloody georgeous connie, every bloke in that hospital would you know" he winked.
"Well my promiscuous days are done, I only want you. As for my warbobe never going to happen, but if you behave at work I'll reward you when we're home in private" she bit her lip sexily.
"Oh god don't do that face" he moaned as he felt the instant arousal.
She laughed, "your too easy".
"Only with you, you would wear a paper bag and be covered in sick and you'd still be drop dead georgeous" he said seriously as they walked.
She pulled a face at the suggestion, he stopped, "you really don't see it do you?" He asked staring at her deeply.
She shook her head brushing him off, "come on" she beckoned.
He shook his head, "you Connie beauchamp are the most beautiful woman I've ever met inside and out, and I just can't believe you ever choose me" he sighed happily.
"Well technically you stalked me, but we can skip over that bit" she laughed quickening her pace.
"Hey you not so fast" he chased after her as she began to run, as he followed pushing grace as she squealed in excitement.
He caught up to her kissing her passionately on the bench she had sat at before he'd reached her, "thank you for today" she whispered.
"Anything for you Connie" he spoke softly and sincerely he meant it.

"So home?" She asked she was exhausted it had been an emotional day, helped with him at her side but she was ready to flop.
"Sure, do you think Micheal will be back tonight?" He asked unkeen to have a repeat performance of this morning.
"I doubt it, but I'll double lock the door. It's my house I bought it, he just then paid the bills, so he can't force me out. I'll have the locks changed tomorrow just incase he decides to pop in uninvited" she sighed heavily.

It wasn't how she wanted this to have happened but the reaction would have been the same, she felt guilty she did. She loved Micheal for who he had been all those years ago and they had been happy once. She knew she had made the first mistake but he wasn't innocent in all of it, and being with Jacob was a whole new level of happiness she had never experienced.

"Shall we drop by mine, get a few bits" he asked watching her grin grow.
"Yep, sounds good to me. Then dinner and bed for this little one, and some alone time for us, which I'm in desperate need of" she smiled as his hand rested upon her leg as he drove.
"Sounds perfect" she smiled squeezing her leg tightly, this was their new beginning.