Grace

"Mama" Grace giggled as she sat in her high chair, she smiled at her daughter for all the mess she found herself in she wouldn't change it. She had never imagined it was possible to love another person so much, but she'd do anything for this little girl.
She held her hands in the air kicking her legs excitedly as she held a yoghurt in front of her, "umm your favorite sweetheart" she smiled, as her daughter eagerly ate each spoonful she was offered.
"So shall we go to the park a little walk might help you sleep, hey?" She spoke happily to herself as she placed Grace in her new black patent shoes, with small purple bows on the side.
"Come on then sweetie" she smiled as she put her in the stroller and made her way down the road. It was crisp day but the sun was out at least. They enjoyed their morning in the sun it was something she knew she didn't do enough. She had always found work her go to response to coping, which sometimes meant she spent less time with her than she wanted.

She enjoyed this quality time together, she felt her little hand cling to hers as she stumbled across the damp grass to the playground her hand clasped gently inside hers. She smiled as she saw the enjoyiment across her little girls face, the little girl exhausted as she strolled towards the hospital. Micheal was working as she was so she was in the crèche this afternoon.
She wasn't overly keen on the idea but she'd seemed settled the last few times she had been, Micheal finished at five so it wouldn't be for long.
She smiled down at her as she slept peacefully in the pushchair, she really was a beautiful little girl. Girly for sure, she really suited all the beautiful dresses and outfit she bought for her to wear. She had stunning beautiful dark curls that stopped just before her shoulder, her deep hazel eyes and perfect dimpled cheeks. She looked so peaceful, so innocent as she slept happily snuggled up in her warm blue coat cuddling her favorite purple bear.
She could get lost thinking about how wonderful she was, how lucky she was that she was a healthy happy little girl.

"We've had a lovely day sweetheart haven't we" she smiled cuddling her tight. "Right baby girl. Have a lovely time playing with your friends, be good. Daddy will come and get you soon. She kissed her cheeks multiple times making her wiggle in her arms and laugh. "Have fun baby, I love you" she smiled as she was happily passed to the nursery practitioner waving and leaving her to it.

"Afternoon Connie nice to see you" Elliot smiled as she strutted onto the ward bringing an air of calm about her as she owned the room from the moment she entered. "Nice morning with Grace" he asked placing files down and picking up a few more.
"Yes thank you, a silent storm in here I see" she said sarcastically, seeing they were obviously snowed under.
"Oh ye of little faith Connie" Elliot smiled light heartedly, "I've got it under control" he mumbled.
She rolled her eyes amused as she grabbed her patient files and begun rounds, "we'll see".

She felt more focused today, today had been a good day so far, she was optimistic she could end it on the same note.
She was on a roll three patients discharged in 40 minuites, and three diagnosied and theatre booked. She felt in control and focused for the first time in days, she felt lighter. She forgot how easily time with Gracie made her feel better, she was worth it all. She needed to remember that.

"Where is Staff nurse Jackson" She called to nurse Miller striding into her office dumping the files and returning to the nurses station.
"Um I think their short staffed down stair in ED so she went down to lead a hand. We were quite" he shrugged.
"Well we're not now are we?" She snipped making Elliot look Up.
"I let her go" he looked to meet her glare, he was one of many few that could withstand the glare and not be melted to a puddle.
"There's a new agency nurse, due to start" he reassured her.
"Oh right well only 45 minuites of chaos until then, no, get them back up here" she commanded and he nodded defeated, turning to Roybn who began to call down.

"Is Sam not in? She asked looking at the theatre list.
"Um no he finished an hour ago and I think he had a meeting with your husband" he finished.
"Micheal why?" She snapped round focusing on him, the fear in her face must have been obvious.
"Something about a proposal" he finished watching the colour return to her face, as her anxiety lowered once again.

Sam didn't know about Grace and Micheal didn't know about Sam and some how for the last 18months she had managed to keep it that way. But she couldn't say she was wholly comfortable with it, but she doubted Micheal would ever forgive her if he knew it had been him. Sam and Micheal were friends and much to her discomfort they spent more time together out of work recently.

"So where the hell are all my nurses, this is ridiculous" she shouted throwing a file at the desk and moving towards another patient fustrated.
"Well maybe I'll do" the cocky voice came as he watched her bent figure rise and turn to greet his grin.
She opened her mouth to speak and shut it again, the words unable to form any sense in her head.
"Hello I'm Dr Hope, you can call me Elliot, we could do with a few extra hands. This is...." he began introducing himself only to be cut off.
"Mrs Beauchamp" she offered a small smile and wondered off in the opposite direction.
"Don't mind her, her barks worse than her bite" Elliot smiled handing him a file.
He smirked he already knew that! As he watched her heels tap across the ward. He only hoped his frosty reception, hadn't meant he'd made a mistake.