The past

Not really sure where this has come from wasn't planned as part of this story. But I hope it's not to confusing or too disappointing. Xx

His words had replayed in her mind over and over. She couldn't understand how he could treat her like this, but the look in his eye she had no doubt he would follow through in his threats. So now she was unsure what to do, how could she possibly get herself out of this. She couldn't possibly risk her past coming out and she knew Jacob would never forgive her if she spent the night with Micheal in the way he wanted. She didn't understand if he hated her so much why he would even want her like that, she was so confused and once again found her self lonely and isolated in making decisions.

"You ok you've been quiet since you got back from meeting Micheal, did it go ok?" He asked.
"Yeah fine, sorry I've got to get ready for theatre" she spoke hastily moving towards her office door.
"Connie" he called after her.
She bit her lip fighting back the tears, she couldn't face him, she couldn't tell him and the thought of loosing him scared her more than she'd ever thought possible.

It had meant to be a fling, some fun to keep her sane whilst she worked on her marriage. But from the moment she had met him she had felt it was something more, something she had fought to deny. Jacob has turned her life upside down and made her realize what it felt like to be happy, to have someone who cherished the floor she walked upon. It hadnt been planned, and it had suprised her but now she couldn't imagine her life without him.

It scared her she felt so dependent on  a man, years ago she had kept the walls up. Kept herself safe, from pain and dissapointment until she had met Micheal. She had thought they had been happy that he would keep her safe and protect her from the hardships in life. But instead he had made her feel more alone than she had ever felt driving her into similar patterns she had spent so long trying to forget. Which had led herself here, this was her fault she couldn't deny that she had slept with Sam, she had cheated and met Jacob but she couldn't understand how he saw himself as an innocent party in the break down of what they had.
That he hated her so much that he was prepared to ruin her entire life to get even.

"Connie request for you, you free tonight" Ruby handed her the phone.
"Hi Becky yes I'm free, yes where would he like to meet, yep ok thank you".
"Your getting lots of requests" Ruby giggled.
"I know, I'm not sure if I'm flattered about that or not really" she smiled, "what shall I wear" she smirked.
"Where you meeting him?"
"The Winchester Hotel"
"Of posh, well I'd definately go for this little number" she smirked pulling out a tight black dress, which was rather short and revealing.
"Don't you think that suggests the wrong thing?" She giggled.
"Well he might be good looking and well you've got pay your course fees next month" Ruby shrugged.
She sat on the bed, "this was never meant to be a long term thing and well do you not feel bad you know?"
"Well it's not ideal but it's not like you have much choice, you don't have to do the extras"
"Yeah I suppose" she sighed.

She had smoothed down her dress over her toned tanned legs as it cut off before the knee, dipping at her cleavage with a sexy red laced underwear set.
She felt confident and sexy she had never had much difficulty attracting the opposite sex, and being paid to be in someone's arm and wined and dined didn't come that much harder.

"Connie" he smiled.
"Yes you must be Richard" she smiled.
"Your stunning, lovely to meet you Connie, can I Get you a drink?"
"Yes glass of campagne be lovely thank you" she smiled.
"A girl with good taste I see" he winked.

"So the agency said you needed me to attend a function with you" she smiled.
"Yes very boring its a medical conference, I just can't stand being on my own in there. So having someone beautiful like you to distract me" he smiled kissing her cheek.
"I'm a medical student actually"
"Arh smart and beautiful" he grinned.
"So Connie let me be up front, i mean I don't want  to be rude or presume but your georgeous and well..." he spoke confident what do I pay you".
"Well let's say but my flat rate for the nights could be more" she smiled.
She liked him, he seemed kind, funny and she had slept with a few of the other escort clients, so why not him.
"2000" cover it" he smiled.
"Yes great" he handed her the cash discreetly.
"You could have given me that later" she smiled.
"Yeah but I want to forget your not here just because I asked you" he winked. "Although your totally out of my league I can see from 5 minutes of meeting you.

"Ok no more talk of money, lets just enjoy each other company and I'll try to brighten it your evening" she smiled comfortably sipping her drink.
He linked his arm in hers as they headed into the venue, "brace yourself" he smirked.
She smiled warmly back at him, as strutted confidently on his arm through the entrance of the conference.

"Oh you what time do you call this"  Ruby laughed at her disheveled looking room mate.
"What!" She laughed.
"You dirty stop out" Ruby laughed.
"Well it will pay the tuition bill I have this term anyway" she smirked pulling the cash from her purse.
"Omg" she laughed.
"Right well at least I Don't have to do it again for a while, he was a nice guy though. Fit too, any way I have lecture so I need to go" she grabbed her bag throwing some different clothes on and heading out the door.

"Richard hi" she smiled she hadn't seen him since that night which had been just aswell.
"Look say no to this, but your beautiful and well I wondered if you wanted to be in a photo shoot?"
She paused unsure what to say....
"Look say no sorry I shouldn't have asked, but you mentioned about your tuition and well...."
"No umm yeah sure, what would I have to do?"

Her mind coming back to the present, she had been so young, so broke and desperate to finish medical school. She had done what she needed to get by to make it work.
Her parents had not been able to help and she was determined, she had worked hard and got grants for university. But the cost of medical school had been a shock to say the least. She had two part time jobs and lectures and training and was still struggling to keep her head above water.
That's when she'd met Ruby and things had been made a little easier, she could focus on her training and not how she would pay her bills.

She had made a few choices she regretted now but she had got here... she'd made it ...a Cardio Surgeon with a top notch reputation, top of her field and respected by her peers. She had made it and she wouldn't have done so if  she hadn't made a few sacrifices. She could not, would not let Micheal ruin it now.
If people knew the lengths she'd gone to get here they'd never respect her, she'd worked to hard and too long to loose it all now.
"Hey sweetcheeks, ready to go home" he smiled snaking an arm around her shoulder.
"Hmm, sorry miles away. Yeah take me home" she smiled letting his lips press softly comfortingly against her own.
"I love you Jacob you know that" she spoke seriously their eyes meeting with such transparency.
"I love you too" he smiled kissing her again. "Come on home" he whispered kissing her neck softly.