Chapter 18

My pace on how I walk wast quick. I pulled my hood to cover my hair and mostly my forehead so no one would recognize me. Ever since the sports festival I had taken attention that pisses me off not only that if Kazuki was to recognize me we would fail.

He's smart. Too smart a simple mistake could be the end of everything. I glance at my phone seeing the messages of my classmates asking if I had seen any sign of him. Unfortunately, I haven't. The crowd was getting bigger as I went further into the road as I wonder off where I could have find him.

I knew that he was too smart. I few meters away from me, I saw a boy in a black hoodie taking a step backward before turning his back on me. He started running as I figured out who that kid was.

"Kazuki!" I uttered aloud starting to run as the crowd was getting annoying. While running I pick my phone up, deciding to call the team. I am not that type of person who relies on others but I have a feeling that I should inform them so he could be captured easily.

"Found him yet he found me first... He's wearing a black hooded jacket, running toward the south!" I then climbe a certain emergency exit within the place hoping to find a good acess with the view. I leaped from one building to another seeing the brat, suicidal as it may seem I jump down from a certain building, holding from another window to another so I won't be injured.

"Oi brat!" That's when a police suddenly stop me. I look ahead to see the fucking brat smirking at me before running forward, this idiot is pissing me big time!

"Shit!" I lightly push the police officer when he was about to ask me something before running forward. I grab unto a jacket from a stall outside a store not forgetting the leave the money to the lady ahead the stall.

I went into a deeper crowd, wearing the jacket certain enough that the police officer wouldn't find me anymore.

I'm taking advantage of the fact that using quirks in public is illegal to get to him.

"Kazuki!" I finally cought up with the brat as I grab him by his wrist not forgetting to get the quirk canceler around it.

"Da- wait where did you get this?!"

"None if your business we need to get you back now!"

"Dad you have to understand!"

"Well I refuse to." I tighten my grip around his wrist as he tried to get my hands off. He glared at me as I remembered our last conversation he uttered the same thing back then.

"Rei's with us now... She needs to see you..." I told him trying to stop him from squirming. I did not understand what was going on at all as his eyes started to shine a bit as if tears are threatening to fall.

"You're lying." His voice was shacking.

"Why would I be lying you idiot---!"

"You're lying!" He yelled back at me making me pissed and confuse. Why would I lie in the fucking first place?!

"She's dead! They killed her! They killed her and it's all my fault!" My orbs widen at what he said. Rei? Dead? Then who's that girl with us?! That's what he know?! That villain that he beaten in the news probably told him this shit!

"She isn't... That villain the government captured had her, she's alright, she's with us now." I tried to convince him sounding less angry this time. I tried to sound sincere, that news has been there for five days, don't tell me he believed that she really was dead during those times. He covered his eyes with his other arm sobs escaping from his lips.

"I may be ass but I am not a liar, You should know that you fucking brat."

~

Rain was pouring continously, however that didn't stop the class from celebrating. The laughter desappeared though when Kazuki finally saw his so called bestfriend. The brat was crying again while his best friend is laughing.

"You look like an idiot." They really are bestfriends. I hears someone saying that you're not best friends unless you insult each other.

"Shut up it's your fault." It's yours are actually.

"Excuse me, it's your fault for believing!" Precisely.

"What do you expect me to do when he had your necklace stained with blood?!"

"My necklace? Do you have it!"

"No..."

"Whaaaa! But papa gave that to me!"

"I was lying."

"I hate you."

"Hate you more." He handed her the necklace by then before sharing a short laughter. They really must be very close. They were raised together in a short period of time though so it's pretty much likely expected.

"You okay?"

"Yeah... I was kinda worried what might have happened to you after I made you escape."

"Idiot, you should be worried of yourself."

"I'm not the one with a heart failure here." She joked yet it hit us hard. That was the main reason why we look for him in the first place.

"Yeah right... Heart failure." The brat glance at me later groaning.

"Just please let me do what I have to do." He face me, I hate to admit it but we can't win this battle without him. I later grab his wrist, not that roughly but quickly, taking the canceler off him.

"This is againts our will you lil' brat." I told him staring at his deep red eyes. I momentarily remembered that day that I begged to god to save him, the day that I thought this brat will die on me.

"You don't have to protect us."

"C'mon dad this pride of yours will be the end of you!"

"That's not what I want. Our life is the one that's endangered here! Let us fight these damn villains with you! You're not alone in this war you idiot!"

"This is our war!"

~~~~~~~

Good news: Kazuki's back

Bad news: this story is ending in 8-13 chapters :) goal is to end it in 25 but may also end in 30 chaps 😭😢😞

Good News: 'Crowns and Swords' (still changable) will be coming up! A story of a princess who dreams to be a Knight just like the All Mighty Knight of the North under the name of Toshinori. Insipired by the new popularity pole :)