Chapter 19

Once the paramedics arrive and look at my head they take me to the hospital for stitches.
Even at night, nurses, doctors, surgeons, and paramedics hustle about. Medic Kinkler gave me something to ease the pain that ended in me passing out.

I wake up to the morning summer sun shining in a window next to my hospital bed. I look around the hospital room, an extra bed sits on the other side of the room.

A nurse comes in with a bright smile. Her wavy, light brown hair is pulled into a pony tail. She checks my vitals.

"Nurse Rahal. You're vitals are good, how are you feeling?"

"I'm okay. Hungry though."

She smiles, "I'll go request for some food."
She turns to leave and talks to a man at the door. The man walks towards my bed.

"Dad!" I jump up from my bed in excitement.

"Hi, honey! I'm so sorry!" I always loved dads hugs.

"What happened to SM, Tyrone, and Caleb?"

"Do you really want to know right now?" I nod, encouraging him to go on.

"All of them got arrested. Some members of the gang are still out there. But Dead Mercy said they'll help look because they're pissed Salvation used them."

I smile at dad.

"Do you have a mirror?" I ask. "I want to see the stitches."

"Sure. They had to shave some of your hair off." Dad warns, knowing I am a little obsessed with how my hair looks, whoops. Dad opens to the camera app on his phone and I take it.
Black thread is weaved in and out of my skin. Maybe only five inches of hair is on the floor somewhere but it doesn't look too bad. I hand dad his phone back.

A head peaks in the room. Casey's brown, soccer player, hair and brown eyes run up to me.

"Casey!" He envelopes me the big brother hug of protection. When he lets go, he playfully punches me in the arm.

"Nice hair." He jokes, he's meticulous about hair as well. Maybe it runs in the family.

"Thanks. It is the latest style." I raise my eyebrow with a laugh.

"A style nobody is following. Pretty weak." My jaw drops but I continue laughing.

"Your hair is slowly going out of style so you can't talk."

"Actually I can. But how's my little sis?"

"Good until you came here." I joke.

"No seriously."

"I'm okay. No biggy."

"Good. Because I'm going to kill that jerk."
And then here comes the protective brother again. The one that will probably scare boyfriends away with a baseball bat when we break up.

"He's in jail. Calm down. I'm fine, I'm not floating down the river."

"I know. Why don't we stop to get ice cream on the way home? You pay, of course."

"Very fun." I feign a laugh.

"Sounds good. How about the one in the historical district?"

I think back to Jake when he ordered my ice cream. And then I see the eyes wanting to hurt me and then the eyes with no life left.

"That place sucks. Why don't we just stop at the store?" I ask.

"Why?" Casey looks suspicious at me.

"Um. I don't know."

The nurse tells dad the release papers are ready and he leaves with her.

"Olivia, I know something went wrong there. You loved that place growing up. That look on your face when I mentioned it."

"I'd rather not talk about it." I turn to my side.

"Did you meet that Jake dude there?"

"How'd you know?"

"You asked me for his records. That guy is creepy, it was all clean."

"You're tell me."

"Come on. Tell me."

"Jake is a traitor. He's dead. Don't talk about him, please." Casey rubs my back.

"Okay. I have to fly back to Oregon tomorrow night. So talk to me whenever you need to."

"Yeah, yeah." I wave him off.

There's still some unanswered questions though...  Tonight is my second show!!! So excited but exhausted! Give this chapter a vote if you liked it!
Angela xoxo