Chapter 7

I face Officer Hugh in the interrogation room. At least the seats are comfier than the ones dad has. Maybe I should file a complaint.

I'm about to answer his question when Jake walks in.

"I'm Jake Green, Olivia's attorney." I'm about to open my mouth when he gives me a stare.
"The parents told me she has no attorney."
That obviously makes him dumbfounded. He slides a card on my lap.

Don't say a word about me. I know where you are at all times. One word and you're dead.
-JV

"Officer, this is-" Jake rubs his hand on the lock of his briefcase with a stare that I'm scared to know.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Wrong Olivia. Where is Olivia Thyme?"

"Cell 3. Ask the officer outside the door." Jake leaves and Hugh turns his full attention back to me. "If you're saying everyone in that building is innocent, why were you there?"

"I already explained!" I roll my eyes.

"Yes. The card on your window."

"You can test my pee! I've never taken drugs in my life! Where are my parents? It's against the law to interrogate someone under eighteen with a parent or legal guardian present."
"But what about the dance?" The officer ignores me.

"I never drank any. I was trying to stop the guys but they ran off and shoved the pack in my hand." He looks puzzled.

"I guess you're free to go. You are telling the truth." He takes a key out and takes the cuffs off. I quickly shove the card in my pocket.

"If you need anything, here's my card." I smile and take his card.

"Where are my friends?"

"They left a little bit ago."

He opens the door leading to the lobby. Isabelle and dad wait. Dad. He makes my stomach turn.

Dad shakes Hugh's hand and discusses what happened. Dads glare is not good. Hugh leaves and dad just looks at me. Isabelle has her arms crossed.

"Let's go." Dad says putting his arm around my shoulder. I get into his car and Isabelle says she going to the store.

I dread Isabelle's driveway as dad turns off the car. Her house has never been unwelcoming either. I sit at the counter.

"Olivia, why?"

"I don't know..." I play with the cap of the water bottle I left here. He sighs, closing the fridge door.

"I know you know."

"I was curious. How was I suppose to know someone had drugs in there?"

We sit in silence. He's not angry for some reason. If he was we'd have a farther conversation.

"Is there anything new?" I ask.

"No. But we're looking more into witnesses. It's a dead end right now."I nod.

"You know I wouldn't take drugs right?" Dad looks at me in the eyes.

"Yes, you're smarter than that. I just don't understand how this always happens to you?"

"I think I'm being framed."

"What do you mean?"

"The dance, framed. That traffic accident, framed. The robbery, framed. And now the drug bust, framed."

"I doubt the first two are related. But the last two are."

"So it's true, I am being framed."

"No. It's not. Olivia. I need to call Dame."
He pulls out his phone and dials a number.