Chapter 17

"Caleb! What the heck!" I scream. Jake's hand wraps around my upper arm. I try to shake it off but he holds it tighter. "Get off of me!"
I thrash around until Jake knocks me to the floor. I crawl away towards the alley door. I reach for the knife in my shorts but it's missing. I look up at Caleb and he has the sharp stainless steel in his hand. I turn the door handle but another member of Salvation opens the door and I fall onto his shoes.
"Tyrone! Pick her up!"
Before I can protest, the bulky, muscular guy picks me up. I struggle against his grip around my waist. We enter the room Jake and SM were talking in. SM's dark brown hair, Mediterranean skin, smooth jaw line, and blue eyes almost black, smile, greedily, down at me.
"How lovely of you to join us." He says. How can he be so calm when he's about to kill someone?
Stop! He's not going to kill me!
"Ever wonder what it's like to be dead?" He asks. I don't look at him.
"Look at me!"
I try to escape the mans grips. I avoid SM's eyes and a hand hits my cheek. Caleb.
"You're a crazy, psychopath!" I yell. Another slap.
"Tyrone!" SM snaps his fingers and I'm shoved to the ground. Jake loads the gun in his belt.
"What a rookie mistake! You're gun should always be loaded."
Jake glares at me and takes the safety off. I need to stall.
"You know tattoos work best when the person is still alive? It won't stay on if they aren't alive." I lie. Is that even true?
"Forget it! Jake!" SM barks.
Jake raises the warm metal to my head. Warm?
"Why is your gun warm?" I dare to ask. The question throws Jake off. "You killed someone didn't you? And now you're going to kill me."
His hand shakes.
"Jake!" SM demands.
"You're shaking. You can't do it. You've already killed a person and you regret it."
"Shut up!" Jake barks.
"You're going to execute an innocent person in a uniform only certain people deserve to wear."
"You're not innocent." Jake says. He closes his eyes as his finger heads slowly towards the trigger.
"Jake! Open your eyes! You need to look at the girl you're about to murder, you coward! If I'm not innocent why are you closing your eyes?"
Jake's green eyes snap open.
"I'm not a coward!"
"Then shoot. With your eyes open, your hand not shaking. The way your holding the gun, it'll fly back once you pull the trigger from the kick."
SM snatches the gun and hits the side of my head. Everything goes blurry and then a gunshot goes off. I close my eyes but the pain never comes. Maybe I'm dead already.
I open my eyes a little before I completely black out, blood carpets the floor and the green eyes of kindness, fear, and treason are empty.
Then blackness overcomes.

What's going to happen?!
Angela xoxo