Chapter 10

"Know why?" The man asks. I shake my head.

"Because they're dead. Get it?"

I roll my eyes, "who are you?"

"SM. Pleased to meet you." I ignore his hand.

"Wish I could say the same." No, I seriously do wish I could. "Why are you here?"

"Maybe you lost track of the time. But Jake and I didn't."

"Should I scream?"

Why wasn't I attacking this guy? The curious out was killing me but I also want to beat him!

"I wouldn't do that. I just want to chat."

"Who is Jake Verdin?"

"Ah! Very good friend. Ask him. Do you know what my name is?"

"Yes, Sebastian Memphis. Leader of Salvation."
He smiles with pride.

"Very good. I hear your father is the sheriff."

"Yes." Why haven't I attacked him?

"Your father is quite a man. I wish he didn't blow his cover. You're lucky to have one like him."

"Why are you here?"

He picks up the book and flips through it.
"Well Jake wanted to talk. He's actually still waiting for you."

"Why are you here?" I repeat.

"Jake is quite the man. I've always wanted to meet the daughter of Nathan Newman."

"Stop ignoring the question. Why are you here?" I raise my voice a notch.

"I wanted to know your side of the robbery."

I look at him not knowing if I should yell to dad and beat this guy up or if I should tell him.
I tell him my side of the story. He actually seemed interested and I almost forgot about who he is.

"Very interesting. You're just like your father." Sebastian tells me after I finish the story.

"Can you leave?"

"She also has her fathers rudeness."

"Excuse me. You're in my aunts house."

"Could I have something to drink before I am so rudely kicked out of this house?"

"No."

"I asked for something to drink." He jumps off the couch. Demanding much?

"Sorry. Fresh out of beverages!" I shrug with a smile. I back into the corner of the loft's walls.

"I don't like to repeat myself."

"I don't either." I smirk. Go Olivia! But also kick myself in the butt for that. He raises hand to hit me as dads voice floods the house.

"Olivia! Could you get a water bottle please?"

"Yep! Just a minute!" He yells thanks and goes back outside to mow the lawn.

"I would like one as well."

"In your dreams. I'm getting one for dad and him only."

"I see. I shall be going then. Obviously you do not enjoy my presence."

"I never wanted your presence." He turns towards the window he entered from.

"See you soon, Olivia Marie Newman."

I run down the stairs and open the fridge. My phone vibrates.

Unknown number: Do not telling anyone about our little talk. I warn you.
Me: Or what?
Unknown number: someone you know very well will be killed.

With that, I block the number. SM is not very intimidating. Though, his use of language is interesting.

I hand dad the water bottle outside and head back into the air conditioned house.