Chapter 25

"Great Foster, keep it up," Keefe told her as they walked to the leaping crystals, "it's been a roll!"

Sophie blushed, knowing he was talking about the enhancing classes.

"Okay, I guess I'll see you soon," Keefe said.

"Wait where will you stay-" 

"Everglen," Keefe told the crystal and he glittered away.

Sophie sighed, she should have known he was staying with Alden, the Vackers were practically family to him.

"Havenfield," Sophie said and arrived at her house, Grady was outside caring for Verdi, she still had a few muscle problems ever since the ogres attacked.

"Hi dad," Sophie said hugging him.

"Hi Sophie, how was school today?" Grady asked after she'd let go.

"It was great!" She said with fake enthusiasm.

"That's good to know, Sandor's in your room so you can go find him there, there are some guests and I'm just checking Verdi's limp."

"Okay, is Verdi going to have that limp forever?" Sophie asked and Grady nodded, she felt sorry for the tyrannosaur. Who were her guests? She'd been dying to hear from Alden!

"Your  mom's cooking custard bursts for dessert!" Grady called after her, that was the perfect good news she'd need.

"Hi mom," Sophie hugged Edaline as she pulled out the custard bursts from the oven, Edaline laughed.

"Hi sweet pea," Edaline said hugging her back.

"I'll be in my room," Sophie told her adoptive mom and she nodded.

"Miss Foster, Alden has requested a meeting with you," Sandor said as Sophie entered her bedroom, sitting at her desk was Fitz and Keefe sat on the floor.

"Where's Alden?" Sophie asked wondering how could they make up a meeting without him.

"He's in the-" Fitz started to say.

"I'm here," Alden said stepping out from her bathroom, "I wanted to share some information with you about your sister but these 3 had to tag along.

"Thr-" Sophie started to say then realized he was probably talking about Biana.

Biana appeared with her golden brown hair up in a bun, which was a weird hairstyle which Biana would never wear. But the bun did make Biana look more stunning, making her teal eyes darken, it made Biana look older by twice her age.

"Okay- stop with the omg Biana changed her hairstyle and it makes her look prettier," Keefe mimicked her voice. 

Sophie and Biana blushed.

"How do you know?" Biana asked.

"I have my ways!" Keefe proudly told everyone.

"You act more like a telepath," Sophie said.

"And I would make an awesome telepath, better than you guys, obviously," Keefe smirked.

"And you would violate the telepath rules," Biana half whispered.

"I have a secret okay," Keefe said firmly as everyone leaned close to listen, "this is something you cannot tell anyone okay?" They all nodded hoping Keefe would hurry up with his secret, Keefe laughed, "no need to rush Foster."

"Just hurry up!" Sophie groaned.

"Okay, I'm secretly a insanely awesome telepath!" 

Sophie couldn't giggling, Biana did the same and Fitz nudged Keefe.