Chapter Nine: Naruto a True Friend!

I didn’t know what happened… At first I thought I had died but then I realized if I was dead I wouldn’t be in pain. It took a minute for my eyes to focus but when they did I had no idea what I was starring at. It looked like some sort of crystal or…glass! I sat up looking down the tunnel to see smooth glass covering the walls and further then I could see in front of us was a wall of it with a form collapsed in front of it. My eyes widened when I realized that form was Gaara’s. I sat up and ran to his side he must’ve shielded us with his sand. Which would explain all the glass because sand if heated enough would turn into glass? I gently rolled him over and put his head on my lap. I held my breath until I saw the faint raise and fall of his chest. I closed my eyes and thanked the gods for sparing us. Faye came up from behind me and put a hand on my shoulder. 

“Is he alright?” She asked and I nodded my head even though I wasn’t sure.

“Yeah Gaara was my Sensei and he should be okay…” I muttered and as if to prove me right a small grunt excepted his lips.

“Gaara,” I whispered softly watching as his eyes flutter open quickly. He scanned my face as if to see if I was alright.

“Tora?” I smiled when he said my name, “why are you crying? I told you I would be okay.” He stated making me shake my head and wipe my tears with my free hand.

“I know its just…” I trailed off unable to explain as Gaara shifted his weight and tried to stand. He winced and I placed a hand on his chest. 

“Here,” I offered my shoulder and I watched him hesitate. 

“Where is my gun?” I looked around, “I’ll look for it wait here.” I set him up against the wall and looked around. The glass covered further then I could see and a thick sheet of it was right were Gaara blocked the blast creating a wall that blocked the way we had came. 

“Over here!” Faye called softly and I looked up to see her examining the ground near the wall of glass. I jogged to her side to see that the gun was under a thick sheet of glass. It must’ve come loose and been covered by the glass.

“It’s here Gaara under some glass.” I heard Gaara grunt and before I could stop him he was next to us.

“Can’t we just leave it I mean it is just a gun.” I put out there feeling to tired to get the gun out.

“No, it was my mother’s gun.” My eyes widened and I felt like shit for saying we should leave it here. Without a word I pulled a knife that was strapped to my ankle and started to pick away at the glass. Gaara watched me silently. I knew we were all far to exhausted to use our chakra so I had only one choice. I picked away for awhile until I was able to wrestle it the rest of the way out. I looked up panting at Gaara and handed his gun before whipping my brow.