Chapter Three: Konoha Headquarters

I found myself deep in the forest on the outskirts of the city. Sasuke had some amazing endurance. I occupied myself by watching the sunset. I had tried several times on this journey to get information out of Sasuke but he was a master ignorer. The sun lit the clouds overhead a beautiful hue of purple and pink. I smiled as I watched it set over the city which as now very far away.

“Are we almost there?” I asked and again it was pointless.

“You’re a master at ignoring people you know.” I muttered well rubbing my arms, which were getting cold from the constant cool wind.

“I have had a lot of practice.” Finally he spoke I jumped at the opportunity to keep it going.

“So are we almost to Konoha headquarters?” I prompted slowly making him look at me with his dark onyx eyes.

“Yes.” Great another answer, not a long one but any response was better then no response. Just as I was about to ask another question he leaped from the treetops and landed on the forest floor. I had tightened my grip around his neck and was now tightly holding him to me.

“You can let go.” I looked up at him and smiled sheepishly.

“Little warning next time?” I asked making him shake his head no, jerk. He set me down slowly and I stood for the first time in about an hour. I stretched and let out a huge sigh of relief.

“Such a long trip.” I said as I finished stretching.

“Come on we need to go.” I turned around and rolled my eyes at Sasuke. I fallowed him as he led me deeper into the forest.

“Hold my hand.” He demanded making me glare at him.

“What for?” I demanded back making his eyes narrow at me.

You stubborn little-” He paused, “never mind. Hold my hand or suffer the consequences.” I raised an arched brow at him.

“Consequences?” I asked making him slap his hand to his head.

“What ever!” I said grabbing his hand hating the fact that I new little about what was going on. How everyone seemed to think of me as nothing but a joke and a little girl. He led me to a giant weeping willow tree. Its large branches twisted in every direction. Large thick vines hung down and shielded the base of the tree form view. He led me to the base and then murmured something under his breath. An elevator appeared, weird. Then again, everything about this evening has been weird. Therefore, an elevator in a giant willow tree was nothing too special…right? I told myself as I stepped inside. There was no buttons on the inside and the door slid shut soon after we entered. The feeling of weightlessness told me we were going down. No music played no buttons, and no escape hatch.

“This elevator sucks.” I stated aloud-making Sasuke look at me with a raised brow.

Why,” he had to ask.

“No music.” I said as I tapped my foot. I saw him shake his head small smirk on his pretty boy face. The elevator finally came to a halt and the door slid open with a ding. I looked up to see two men sitting in a desk near the elevator. The looked up at Sasuke and I.