Chapter Six: Glance of a Demon

I came to; too see Gaara shielding us with sand. The blast had ripped the building apart yet we seemed to still be intact. I shot up and felt a sharp pain in my side. Wincing I stood up and looked around for Deidara. I spotted him back on his bird… being a chicken! If he came close I’d knock him in the face, again!

“Gaara are you okay?” I asked making himlook over at me relief flashed momentarily behind his lime green eyes.

“Yes are you okay?” I nodded and I turned back to face Deidara.

“This guy is crazy what was he trying to do bring down the whole building!” I exclaimed glaring up at Deidara who was circling above us laughing like a maniac.

“Get the girls out and head back to headquarters I’ll deal with Deidara.” I nodded and got up to usher the girls out. I untied them and carried two that seemed to be unconscious. They fallowed me out of the broken building only being saved by Gaara and his sand. I got them safely to the road and told one of them to call the cops from a near by phone booth. I did this so I could go back and help Gaara. If he thought I was just going to leave him he’d be daft. I came dashing back towards the building. The thing I noticed was the shimmering outline of the illusion jutsu. All ninja’s now and days were required to use such illusions to keep their battles secret from the public eye. The building looked normal and no sounds of the battle reached outside a certain perimeter. When I defused the illusion I heard the sounds of explosions. Fearing the worse I ran faster I had to aid Gaara. My first mission and I already screwed everything…  I came around the corner and came skidding to a halt. Gaara stood sand covering half his body and face. He had Deidara on the run as he flung sand at him. Deidara looked pretty tired and when he saw me an evil smirk cross his face. He flew his bird towards me and I braced myself.

“You have fun with this, hm.” He said as he flew by drawing Gaara’s attention towards me.

What did he mean?’

“Gaara are you okay…” I barley got finish my question before I had to dodge sand. Trying to get close was near impossible as I tried to dodged wave after wave of sand. 

“Gaara what are you doing?” I yelled in between dodges. As I tried my best to avoid his sand not knowing what would happen if he caught me. He didn’t answer as he shot towards me in a threatening manner. I jumped back but I was quickly caught and slammed up against the wall.  The pressure almost too tight to breath.

“Gaara…” I gasped trying to breath in air but could only get a little at a time. He came close to me and sniffed. Half his face was covered in sand and his eyes was black with an odd shaped pupil. He pulled back and dangled me by my left arm. I flipped upwards and tried to pull my arm out of his sand using my feet as leverage. It was in vain as all it seemed to do was amuse this transformed Gaara. I should have listened to Gaara and Tsunade…  I struggled to keep calm as the pressure around my arm tightened. I turned to Gaara again even though he wasn’t the same I didn’t want to hurt him…