Chapter 17 AnnabethPOV

I walk out the big double oak doors and onto the Hogwarts grounds with my friends. We were done with classes for the day and we wanted to explore a little bit. My satchel banged lightly against my leg as we walked, my hand in Percy's.

We pass the lake and I see Percy look at it longingly and I chuckle. He looks over at me.

"What's so funny, wise girl?"

"We can make a stop by the lake later, seaweed brain."

"Only if you get in with me."

"I don't like to swim."

"But you like to swim with me."

I cock an eyebrow as I look over at him.

"I think your getting a little too confident, water boy."

"Water boy? That's a new one."

I rolled my eyes as Percy grinned at me. I really loved that silly grin of his. We pass by the forbidden forest and I see everyone turn to look into the darkness under the leaves. I sighed.

"We're not supposed to go in there. It's off limits to all students."

Thalia looked over at me.

"Oh come on Annie! We've never been good at following rules."

Percy snorted. "She's got that right."

I bit my lip. They were going to go in there anyways so there was no use in trying to stop them. I might as well go with them because they'll probably do something real stupid. When have they not done something stupid?

"Fine. But not too long please. I don't want anyone to find us missing." I said, and they all nodded their heads in agreement. I turned to look around the grounds to see if anyone was watching us. No one was. We all ran into the forest quickly, hidden under the canopy of branches and leaves.

"I wonder what creatures they have stocked up in here." Thalia wondered aloud.

"Can't be as bad as any of the ones we have." Percy remarked.

"Well you never know, one of our monsters could have wormed itself in here since some of the most powerful demigods are right next door." Nico said.

We walked in silence for awhile until I saw something on a tree that made me scream. The three demigods beside me all stopped in their tracks. Percy pulled out Riptide and got in front of me to protect me from whatever had scared me. His look was so fierce and he was ready to kill anything that moved. That made me love him even more.

"Annabeth, what is it? Are you hurt?" Thalia asked as Percy scanned our surroundings looking for a threat. I tried taking deep breaths.

"There... there was a.. a spider." I said, taking another deep breath. Percy recapped his sword and put it away. He picked me up bridal style and we continued walking. I was slightly shivering from the encounter with the spider but Percy kept on whispering calming reassurances that made me feel better. I think Percy just won best boyfriend of the year award. But I can't tell him that because it would boost his ego and Zeus knows he does't need any more fuel for it.

As we walked we heard scurrying noises coming from our left. Nico pulled out his deadly sharp sword. There was more noises from our right now. Thalia pulled out some of her daggers and held them, ready to throw.

"I wish I had my bow. It's in the dormitory." She muttered under her breath. Percy's grip tightened on me. There was a loud crash and then from up ahead a huge, hairy body with eight legs emerged from the trees. My eyes grew wide and fearful before I let out a blood curling scream.