Chapter 16 HermionePOV

I walked to our first class with Harry and Ron. The Americans trailing behind us. They were very unusual, that's for sure. We climb the long staircase up to divination in silence. My thoughts running a mile a minute. I just wanted to know everything about these Americans! 

We finally made it and walked into the classroom and sat down. The Americans sat at a table together while Harry, Ron, and I sat at a table together. Other students slowly piled into the room and pretty soon we were just waiting on Professor Trelawny.

When she came in she immediately turned to the Americans. Her eyes grew big as she looked at Percy and she started talking in a weird voice.

" You shall go west, and face the god who has turned
You shall find what was stolen, and see it safely returned
You shall be betrayed by one who calls you a friend,
And you shall fail to save what matters most in the end.

You shall sail the iron ship with warriors of bone,

You shall find what you seek and make it your own,
But despair for your life entombed within stone,
And fail without friends, to fly home alone.

Five shall go west to the goddess in chains,
One shall be lost in the land without rain,
The bane of Olympus shows the trail,
Campers and Hunters combined prevail,
The titan's curse must one withstand,
And one shall perish by a parent's hand.

You shall delve in the darkness of the endless maze,
The dead, the traitor, and the lost one raise,
You shall raise or fall by the ghost king's hand,
The child of Athena's final stand,
Destroy with a hero's final breath,
And lose a love to worse than death.

A half-blood of the eldest gods,
Shall reach sixteen against all odds,
And see the world in endless sleep,
The hero's soul, cursed blade shall reap,
A single choice shall end his days,
Olympus to preserve or raze.

Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire, the world must fall.
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death."

I realized that I had been writing all her words down on a spare piece of parchment. I quickly put it in my bag before looking at the Americans. Percy especially because Professor Trelawny had been talking to him. His skin turned the slightest pale but then he had gotten a cocky grin before he started chuckling and whispering to his friends. They all silently laughed. Wait they could laugh silently? What a miracle! I'm so funny, right? ...Right? ....

Anyways, I turned my attention back to Professor Trelawney and tried my best to pay attention, but this class was my least favorite. I just didn't see how this was supposed to help benefit my career in the future! I sighed as I wrote down notes. Harry and Ron both fell asleep and I rolled my eyes. Later they were going to be asking me for help on the homework. When do they not?

Once class was over we walked down the staircase and the Americans went off doing their own thing during our free period. I turned to Harry and Ron.

"I need to go to the library. I'll catch up with you guys later." I said before sprinting off in the direction of the library. I pulled out the parchment from earlier with all the prophecies and I looked around the shelves looking for a key word. I looked at the parchment and saw gods. I look and find a book titled Greek gods. Maybe this would help?

I sit down and leaf through the book. It's about different gods and goddess that the ancient Greeks worshiped. As I looked through, I saw the name Athena. That was in one of the prophecies. I read the description of the Greek goddess.

"Athena was the Greek virgin goddess of reason, intelligent activity, arts and literature. She was the daughter of Zeus; her birth is unique in that she did not have a mother. Instead, she sprang full grown and clad in armor from Zeus' forehead.

She was fierce and brave in battle; however, she only took part in wars that defended the state and home from outside enemies. She was the patron of the city, handcraft, and agriculture. She invented the bridle, which permitted man to tame horses. She was Zeus' favorite child and was allowed to use his weapons, including his thunderbolt. Her holy tree was the olive tree and she was often symbolized as an owl.

Athena was one of the most active goddess in human affairs. She helped out Odysseus, sponsored the city Athens, and made sure the Greeks won the Trojan War. On the downside, she's proud and has a big temper. She turned Arachne into a spider when she dared to compare her weaving skills to Athena's.

Symbol: Owl
Roman Name: Minerva"

Interesting. So the one prophecy said something along the lines of the child of Athena making their final stand. But how does Athena have a child if she's a virgin goddess? This is confusing. I'll have to do more research about it. I check out the book from Madam Prince before I set off through the castle looking for Harry and Ron.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short chapter y'all!

Thanks to @raxtus911 for telling me to do it in Hermione's point of view.
So I hoped you liked it.

It was mostly just prophecies from PJO and HOO and then some info on Athena

Someone tell me who's POV the next chapter should be in.

Bye y'all

-Beth