Ch.26

I yawn holding Charlie close to my chest while feeding him a bottle. "Dear Charlie, what to say to you? You have my nose. You have your father's eyes. When you came into the world, you cried and it broke my heart." I sing to him softly trying to keep him calm. "I'm dedicating every day to you
Domestic life was never quite my style. When you smile, you knock me out, I fall apart. And I thought I was so smart." I sing down at my little boy. "You will come of age with our young nation. We'll bleed and fight for you, we'll make it right for you. If we lay a strong enough foundation
We'll pass it on to you, we'll give the world to you. And you'll blow us all away...
Someday, someday. Yeah, you'll blow us all away
Someday, someday." I sing laying his head on my shoulder.
"Oh Katie, when you smile I am undone, My girl.
Look at my girl. Pride is not the word I'm looking for" I hear Oak sing behind me. I look at him my eyes stained with tears. He kisses my head picking Katie up from her crib. "There is so much more inside me now. Oh Katie, you outshine the morning sun.
My girl.
When you smile, I fall apart
And I thought I was so smart." He sings kissing her head. I sniffle thinking about the next part. "Your fathers not gonna be around." I sing trying to hold back tears. "Your fathers not gonna be around." Oak echoes his own voice quivering. He lays Katie down and wraps his arms around my waist. He leans his head on mine. "He's not going to be around." I mumble to myself blinking back tears. "I know, honey." He whispers taking Charlie from me. "Go back to bed. I'll take baby duty tonight." He says kissing my cheek. I swallow the lump in my throat and hand him Charlie. I walk back to the bedroom wiping my eyes. 'I'm so emotional.' I groan thinking to myself. I lay down trying to find comfort in the soft duvet. I curl up to Oak's pillow slowly starting to drift.
"Addie come on! You're going to be late for your wedding." Erin and Charlotte yell bouncing around my room. I chuck a pillow at Charlotte. "Shut up. I can be late to my wedding if I want." I grumble getting up and sliding my silk Victoria's Secret robe on. "Girl! You better loose that attitude before you walk down that aisle, cause we all know Daveed will call you out on in." Erin chimes in. I laugh slightly and nod. I check my phone frowning seeing nothing from him. He always sends me a good morning text when he's not here. I pout and go take a shower letting the hot water wash away my worries. I come out my towel wrapped around my head and my robe on my body. "Well damn. You look great!" Anthony teases hugging me tightly. "Haha. Shut up, Ramos." I say sarcastically. "How's D doing? Is he nervous? Is he even here?" I ask quickly. Anthony laughs. "We took his phone away. He kept wanting to call you or face time you or text you. Old Man Miranda wasn't havin it." He smiles kissing my head. "He's perfectly fine. But we do need to know. Hair up or hair down?" He asks with a straight face. I think for a second. "Up." I tell him with a smile. "Well tell my boy that I love him. Now go. I have to get ready." I say pushing him towards the door. "I'm leaving. I'm gone." He says walking out shutting the door. I look at the closet a huge grin on my face. I walk towards it pulling my dress out. "I'm so extra." I smile while calling Char and Erin in to help me get my dress on. Once the dress in on we walk to where the makeup artist and hair dresser is. I sit down glancing at my phone. I send Daveed huge long paragraphs to read when he gets his phone back."
I jolt awake hearing crying. I look to my left noticing that Oak wasn't there. I slowly get up and walk to the babies' room. There stood Oak holding Katie who was crying loudly. Soon the crying stopped and my ears were filled with singing. "Oui oui, mon ami, je m'appelle Lafayette!
The Lancelot of the revolutionary set!
I came from afar just to say "Bonsoir!"
Tell the King "Casse toi!"
Cause who's the best?
C'est moi."  He sings to her. I smile sadly watching them. 'You got yourself another good one.' I think to myself