Ch.11

I huff pacing back and forth. I sing softly to Say No to This.
"My husband's doin' me wrong
Beatin' me, cheatin' me, mistreatin' me...
Suddenly he's up and gone
I don't have the means to go on." I sing putting on the last touch of my makeup. "Stunning, Ma belle." Daveed says from the door way. I blush looking at him. Whatcha doin here?" I ask smiling faintly. "I wanted to come talk to you before the show starts. I smile and nod shutting the door after he walks in. "Whatcha want to talk about?" I ask fixing a couple things on my makeup. "Baby girl, stop. You look fine." He tells my pulling my back into him. I smile and lean my head back into him. "I mean I guess I don't look to bad." I laugh. He turns me around and pecks my lips. "You're going to be amazing." He whispers on my lips. I smile and hold his hands. "I hope so. I don't want to fall because if the moving circle stage thing." I laugh softly. "You'll be fine. Just do as you practice and let loose. You're not going to have any fun tonight if you don't quite worrying." He says grinning. He reaches into his pocket and pulls something out. "I know this might be a bit soon but I wanted to give you this to remind you of my love." He says pulling out a ring. "It's not an engagement ring but it is a promise ring." He says looking up at my face then at the ring. I smile my eyes getting teary and glossy. "Daveed." I coo sniffling slightly. "Do you not like it? Damn it Ramos! You let me down." He mumbles under his breath. I giggle slightly taking his face in my hand rubbing his cheeks. "I love it, D. I promise. Just calm down. Ramos didn't let you down." I giggle holding my hand out for him to put the ring on it. He waste no time sliding the ring on my finger and kissing me with so much passion. I grin widely and kiss him back.
"I love you."
"I love you more."

I look up as the sound for the 5 minute warning goes off

I look up as the sound for the 5 minute warning goes off. "Let's go." I tell him rushing to the stage. "Wait!" I yelp turning to my dresser. "Hold this." I say handing her my ring. Daveed laughs and walks to the stage taking his place. I stand with Renee smiling widely. I watch as the curtain rises and the show starts. My eyes lock on Charlotte. "I feel like a proud mom watching Char out there." I whisper to Renee. "Why do you think me call you, Mamí? You're the cast Mom." She teases quietly.
The show passes fast and we stand together to take our bow. I smile and stumble when I'm pushed forward with Char and Darren. I smile and wrap my arm around Char. "We made it, Char." I whisper while taking our bow. I smile and wave to the crowd before following the rest of the cast off stage, my arm still around Charlotte. "Oh my God!" I squeal. Charlotte laughs taking my hands. "We just did that!" I laugh and look down at our outfits. "Woah." I laugh looking at her face. We laugh hugging each other. "I'm going to go change then go side door. You want to come with me?" I ask Char. She shakes her head. "Nah, but I'll meet you at Leslie's house for the cast sleepover." I nod and walk to my dressing room. I pick my ring up and slip it back on my finger. I change into a pair of leggings and a Cats the musical oversized sweater. I put my hair up in a ponytail and take my makeup off. I turn my head to the door when I hear a knock. I smile seeing Ant and Daveed. "Side door?" Ant question. I nod grabbing a beanie pulling it on. "Did good out there, Mamí." Ant says smiling hip bumping me. "Not as good as you, Papí." I laugh and hip bump him back. I look at security and smile before walking out the door. "Hello!" I wave walking over to the side closest to the wall. I start signing things and taking pictures. I look up hearing someone say something about my ring. I blush and shake my head. "Not an engagement ring. A promise ring." I tell the woman and sign her playbill. I smile continuing to make small talk with people as I sign their items and take pictures. I couch down to a little girl who is standing at the front of the barrier. "Hi there." I smile signing her playbill. "H-Hi." She stutters starting to act shy. "You enjoyed the show?" I ask her looking into her grey blue eyes. She smiles wide and nods. "Who's your favorite?" I ask her grinning widely. "Phillip." She responds sadly. "Aw. Well if you want to know he's okay. I promise." I tell her watching as her face lights up. I smile and hand her the playbill back before telling her bye. I walking over to the last section I haven't saw yet. I look at a girl who looked almost exactly like I did when I was in school. "Hey!" I say signing her playbill. "Hi." She says having what seems to be a Russian accent. I grin. "I just wanted to let you know that I really look up to you. Like I love how you're doing this while still in college and remaining a relationship. Like that really inspires me to be a better actress and a better student." She says smiling. I smile at her teary eyed. "Thank you so much. I'm not going to lie this is so hard. Being in school, having a boyfriend who's in the show too, and rehearsals and performances for this is so hard to fit in. It's hard work yes but it's so worth it. Just keep pushing harder." I tell her before giving her a quick hug. I walk back over to the door. I photobomb one of Ant's pictures before running to the door. "Ant!" I laugh as he runs after me. "You did it now, Mamí." He laughs tickling me. "I tap." I squeal laughing hard. He smiles and let's me go. "You better." He taunts playfully. Daveed just stands ther with his arms crossed laughing. I pout and stick my tongue out at him. "I would've saved ya if you just said no to Hamilton." He teases. "Turn around, bend over. I'll show you where my shoe fits. Stay there being mellow doing whatever the hell it is you do in Monticello." I laugh walking back inside. I laugh harder hearing Anthony yell. "DORKS!"