Ch.38

I walk into my house shivering slightly. I heard my babies upstairs. I smile hearing their babbling. I walk up the stairs and into their room. I cover my mouth seeing them crawl along the floor. Oak sat in the floor legs crossed watching the babies. "Da!" Katie squeals. My heart drops into my stomach. No. That should be Ma. Oak looks at me sighing softly. "Hey. Uh. We need to talk."
I nod picking up Charlie and putting him on my hip. He leans his head on my chest. "Who's is it?" Oak asks softly while holding Katie to his chest. "I don't know. It could be yours it could be..uh what was his name...Jace. Yeah it could be Jace's." I sigh rubbing my baby boy's back. "So you don't know?"
I shake my head holding Charlie close. "I was mad my hormones took over and it went downhill." I tell him sitting down with Charlie. He looks at me eyes soaked in disappointment. "Why? Am I not enough?" He asks hurt pouring out with each word. I shake my head. "You are enough, but you went out of town and I got wasted and I don't even remember what the hell happened." I groan leaning back against Katie's crib. "You missed their first words. Charlie's was dog. Katie's was Dad," he says quietly. I smile sadly. "She looks up to you." I tell him reaching over for his hand. He intertwines out fingers. "They were throwing a fit while you were gone. I had to take them to the show a couple of times to keep them calm." He tells me with a smile. I smile at my kids. "I'm sorry. I'm a terrible fiancée. I can't believe you still want to marry me." I sigh. "I want to marry you because I want to be there with you. I'm ready to help you with your problems and imperfections. I'm here for you, but you can't run away from me and shut me out." Oak says kissing my ringed finger. I smile at him crying slightly. "I love you."
"I love you and my baby." Oak says putting his hand on my belly.