Ch.25

"Come on Addie!" Oak yells from the bottom of the stairs. "Calm yourself! I'm trying to deal with twins." I yell back while trying to give Katie to my friend, Erin. I sigh softly. "I know baby girl. I know." I whisper to her while gently handing her to Erin. "Thank you." I tell her. "Call me if you need me. I don't know when we'll be back. But I'll text you." I say walking down the stairs. "Stop worrying!" Erin laughs shaking her head. I smile and take Oak's hand. "I'll try." I tell her with a wide smile. "Come on. We're late." He smiles pulling me out of the house before I can change my mind. I smile and lean my head on his shoulder. Oak and I had started getting closer after I took him, Char, and Ant to one of my ultrasounds. "Come on, love bug. Smile some more. You look better with a smile." I shake my head and bump my hip on his. "So you sayin I look bad when I don't smile?" I ask walking into the bar that the cast rented out. I smile seeing everyone with their significant other. I look at Ant laughing softly. "Poor boy can't get a girl." I tease nudging his side. "Shut up." He laughs. "Don't talk to my girl like that." Oak laughs. "Why are you laughing?" I ask shaking my head. "Cause he doesn't mean that." Charlotte says walking up to me. She hugs me. "How's the little rays of sunshine?" She laughs. I groan. "Restless. Always hungry and not fans of sleeping." I tell her. "Come on they aren't bad." Oak laughs. I playfully roll my eyes. "Yeah. They aren't bad when you sleep through everything." I tease a wide smile on my face. He laughs and kisses my head. "Imma get a drink. I'll grab you some apple juice." He says with a snarky tone. "You ass." I mock his tone laughing. Charlotte smiles and hugs me. "How you doin'?" She asks. I take a second to think. "On the outside? I'm perfect! On the inside I fell like I'm dying." I tell her truthfully. "But let's not be sad today! Let's be happy and full of love." I say taking the glass from Oak. I kiss his cheek. "Go talk to the guys. You'll have more fun." I tell him with a smile. He smiles back and nods. I take a long breath. "To love." Char says holding her glass up. "To love." I repeat clinking mine on hers. I smile and take a sip of the liquid. "It burns." I mumble. "Like all those letters." Lin yells from across the room. I bust out laughing. "Old Man Miranda can hear!" I say. The room laughs. I lean against the bar talking to Renee, Pippa, and Charlotte. "I've never been so stressed." I admit. "I mean I have more help now with the kids but it's still stressful. Oak sleeps through almost everything so he's no help at night, and the dogs start barking when the babies start crying and that makes the babies start crying more. So I have to take care of the dogs and babies all by myself at night which equals about zero sleep. Which would be fine if I didn't have to preform two times almost every day." I say slightly ranting. Renee takes my glass away. "Okay. We're taking away this shot." She says laughing. "You go on rants when your tipsy." Pippa says laughing. Charlotte nods. "That she does." She agrees. "And today has been great but horrible. I mean i care deeply for Oak but he wasn't who I thought I would be spending my Valentine's Day with. Like I love Oak more than I thought I did. But he's not Daveed." I mutter still holding onto D. Charlotte sighs. "And he's never going to be. But you love both of them. They are two completely different guys. Oak doesn't deserved to be compared to Daveed, because he's not him. That's like comparing you to Beyoncé. That's not fair." She says nodding. I glance at Pippa and Renee who all nod in agreement. "Yeah. I guess so." I mumble. "Girls! Go sing a song." Lin yells at the four of us. I plaster a happy smile on my face and nod. "Okay!" We all cheer walking up to the stage where the karaoke was set up. I laugh as the music starts. "If there's a prize for rotten judgement. I guess I've already won that. No man is worth the aggravation. That's ancient history. Been there, done that" I sing.
"Who'd you think you're kiddin'. He's the Earth and Heaven to you. Try to keep it hidden. Honey, we can see right through you. Girl, you can't conceal it. We know how you feel and
Who you're thinking of." Pippa, Renee, and Charlotte sing together. I laugh continuing to sing. "No chance, no way. I won't say it, no, no."
"You swoon, you sigh,
why deny it? Uh-oh"
"It's too cliché
I won't say I'm in love." I laugh and put the mic back once we finish the song. We bow and walk off the stage. "Beat that!" I yell at Lin. He nods. "I bet I can." He yells back walk to the stage with Oak, Ant, Darren, and Leslie. "We're screwed." Renee mumbles. "I love how optimistic you are!" I tell her smiling sarcastically.
"Look for me! Young,B, cruisin' down the Westside Highway
Doing what we like to do, our way
Eyes behind shades
This necklace the reason all of my dates been blind dates
But today, I got my thoroughest girl with me
I'm mashing the gas, she's grabbing the wheel
It's trippy how hard she rides with me
The new Bobby and Whitney
Only time we don't speak is during Sex and the City
She gets Carrie fever, but soon as the show's over
She's right back to being my soldier
'Cause mami's a rider, and I'm a roller
Put us together, how they gon' stop both us?
Whatever she lacks, I'm right over her shoulder
When I'm off track, mami is keeping me focused
So let's lock this down like it's supposed to be
The '03 Bonnie and Clyde: Hov' and B" Lin raps looking right at us then at his group. "Yeah. We're dead." I mumble.
"Talk to 'em, Oak!" Lin says. "If I was your girlfriend
I'll be there for you, if somebody hurts you
Even if that somebody was me
Yeah-hee"
"Break it down for 'em, B!"
"Sometimes I trip on how happy we could be
And so I put this on my life
Nobody or nothing will ever come between us
And I promise I'll give my life
My love and my trust if you was my boyfriend
Put this on my life
The air that I breathe in, all that I believe in
I promise I'll give my life
And all of my trust if you was my boyfriend" Oak sings in a high pitch voice with the help of Darren and Anthony in a couple parts. I put my head down in shame. "We got out done by a group of guys sing Jay-Z and Beyoncé." Pippa says. I groan and nod. "Yeah we did." I say looking up. Oak smiles and walks over to me. "Beyoncé at your service." He says in a high pitched voice. "Oak, your awkward as an ox take a walk for you get knocked out." I rap in the tune of Lin's part in cabinet battle 1. He laughs and kisses my head. "Happy Valentine's Day, mama." He mumbles into my hair. I smile and hug him. "Happy Valentine's Day, my teddy bear."