Ch.97

I walk inside.
David is on my hip.
Charlie is holding my hand.
Dakota is on Oak's shoulders.
Stephen and Marcus are trailing behind us all.
I flip on the lights still balancing a sleeping David on my hip. 
I slowly trudge up that stairs  to the nursery to let David rest in the peace and quiet.
I lay him down watching his little chest rise and fall with every steady breath he takes. I clip the monitor to my hip before walking out of the room closing the door behind me.

Oak walks out of Dakota's room with an exhausted look on his face. I walk towards him frowning slightly.
"Steph and Marc went to Parker and Aj's house. Charlie is down for the count and Kota is out too."
I nod at the analysis.
"Oak, I gotta uh I gotta tell ya something."
He gives me a concerned look and then nods walking to our shared room. 
I take a deep breath. 
"Oak, I got fired from Cats. Yesterday was my last day."
The eyes that mine meet are filled with anger, sadness, and a bit of what i believe is regret.
"Babe." He says in a soft voice.
I shake my head. "Don't. If you're going to lecture me I don't want it. It's best like it is right now. We have more money than we know what to do with so that won't be a problem. I want to spend more time with my family and work on this mother fucking wedding." 
He nods his head wrapping his branch like arms around me. He sets his head on my shoulder biting on his bottom lip.
I wrap my arms around him nuzzling my head in his neck.

"I miss her, Addison."
"I miss her  too, Oak."
Oak looks back at me. 
"Now that you're staying home you get to take care of yourself. Coffee in the morning, work outs right before that, then showers, and lunch." 
I laugh softly wiping my eyes. "I'm getting married to a dork."
He smiles and nods. "Ooo! I got something to tell you!"

I raise my nonexistent eyebrow at him. "And what might that something be?"
He smiles perhaps the brightest smile I've ever seen on his face. 
"I got a call back."
I smile and tilt my head to the side. "What for?"
He laughs holding my waist. "For 'The Great Comet of 1812'. They're considering me for the roll of Pierre."
I squeal and jump up wrapping my arms around his neck. "Oaky! That's amazing. I'm so proud of you." I say wrapping my legs around his waist. 
He smiles holding my waist. "I love you, Addison Kate Blue."
"I love you more."