Ch.91

My nails tap on the keys of my computer as I finalize the invitations.
This wedding wasn't going to be small. Hell we have six kids and I have four siblings. That's not going to make for a small wedding not to mention we're on Broadway and have made many many friends through it.
"Teddy bear! I need your thoughts on the invites." I call from my place on the bed. We had moved from the hotel into a house that Lin rented out for the next few weeks.
I hear the murmur and laughter from the people downstairs then the door opening and closing once again.
"You summoned?" Oak hums sitting behind me and setting his chin on my shoulder.
I lean my head on his. "What do you think?"
I ask him lightly scratching my arm. He sets his hand on the one I'm using to scratch my arm and nods.
"I like it, but does that shade match the color theme we're using?" He asks.
I snort. "You're a dork."
He smiles and presses a kiss to my shoulder. "I love it baby. It's looks like a mix of my style with yours."
I roll my shoulders back smiling.
"What I was going for. Now we have to go for cake testing, floral arrangements, fittings, and making sure the place is free."
"What do you mean the place is free? Have you not booked it yet?"
I bite my lower lip twisting my ring. "About that."
"Addison Kate!"
"Oak! Yelling at me isn't going to make me do this faster!!"
"I thought you had this all figured out!"
"Yeah that was until I got attacked by a fucking shark!"
"It didn't even attack you!"
I shove him away from me tears welling up in my eyes.
"Get away from me."
Oak rolls his eyes and storms out of the room. He slams the door on the way out causing the pictures on the was the shake and tremor.
I stare at my ring then at my computer screen.
It's not even that big of a deal.
It's a beach. If it doesn't work out there we can find another beach.
The door opens and closes again.
I know it's not Oak. He's to hard headed to come back in here.
The bed dips behind me and I'm pulled into someone's arms.
Chris kisses my tear stained cheek. "Hey, don't listen to him."
"I'm planing this whole damn thing and he flips out cause I forgot to do one thing! We have a month. Hell, I have places begging me to have the wedding at their venue." I hiccup through tears.
Chris sighs and shakes his head.
"Have you told him this."
"No. I haven't and I swear we've fighting like cats and dogs lately."
Chris smirks faintly.
"Cats?"
I laugh wiping away some of my tears.
"Stop."
He laughs holding me tighter.
"What's your countdown till the wedding?"
"Eight weeks from today."
"How many days."
I give him a look.
"Multiplication, Addie! That's all it is."
I laugh.
"I don't math."
"Really? I couldn't tell."
I laugh.
"Yeah really."
We both fall into a pit of laughter and for a moment I forget why I was crying.
Yeah, until I hear the door fly open and Oak yell some muffled words.
I jump and look at Oak my eyes filling with tears yet again.
He laughs bitterly.
"Think I found the reason you've taken five years to plan our wedding." He eyes Chris laughing with such a distaste and disgust.
"Maybe you've went back to what you were like Daveed and you're cheating again."
Chris quickly gets up leaving me alone on the bed.
"Man, that's you're fiancé! You know she loves you."
"She loved Daveed too but she cheated on him with Anthony."
I grit my teeth before getting up and standing in front of Chris. "If you don't stop accusing me of things I haven't done in years I'm leaving. I'm leaving you I'm leaving this place and the kids won't ever see you again. So say hello to a court house cause if you don't straighten up I'm going to get full custody of the kids."
Oak stares at me his eyes softening at the mention of the kids. He sighs softly and runs a hand over his face. I look at Chris and nod. He walks out leaving me alone with my Tree.
"What's wrong with you, Oak? You've been snapping at me and going off the handle for the couple of weeks."
He sits on the bed his hands in his head. I stand in front of him and rub his shoulders gently.
He sighs the sniffles.
"I-I don't know how to help you, Addie. I want to be the best for you. I want to help you through all the shit that's happening but I'm just making it worse. It's making me mad at myself and I guess that aggression is coming out on the one person I truly deeply care about the most."
I sigh softly and crouch down in front of him.
"Okieriete Onaodowan, all I want you to be is you. That's all I want is you." I tell him pulling his hands away from his face. "Not some random movie star, no. I want you. Hell I'll go full nerd.
Okieriete Onaodowan I choose you!" I say pretending to throw a Pokeball.
He laughs through his tears.
I shake my head and rub his back. "You just have to cool your temper. What if that was one of the kids? What would have happened then."
His body slumps and his head is rested on his knees.
I sigh softly again and sir behind him. I try and wrap my arms around him to give him a hug but his large frame won't allow it. I shake my head and press gentle kisses along his back.
"I love you for you Oak. I don't want any one else. You have to talk to me though. We have to talk. Remember, no more secrets and more verbal communication."
He nods his head and sits up straight. I close my computer and put it on the side table. I put my back against the headboard and cross my legs. Oak lays down and puts his head in my lap.
I smile and take one of his hand.
I hum softly leaning my head back.
"Oak?"
He hums in response.
"Can you help me with the wedding planning?" I ask timidly.
A warm smile spreads across his face.
He nods. "Of course."
I smile and kiss his hand.
I think I won this battle.