33

You sat next to James on the subway, not caring much about how stiff and nervous he seemed to be. After your journal event that happened a little whole ago, James never seemed to talk much. So, after watching many videos, you decided to read his body language instead.

You you could say you were bodingual

You smirked at your new pun. Today, February 14, you would decide what was up with your somewhat new found mystery-man-now-with-a-name.

He had something in his jacket, that was for sure.

"So," you began. "Anything special for valentines?"

He huffed out, "No."

Sliding up your skirt a little ways, you asked again, "Are you sure?"

Barely a glance from the stoic man.

"Pull your skirt down.

You laughed, knowing his own ways of teasing you.

"Alright, alright."

The subway fell silent as you surveyed the crowd of passengers. Everyday people, all inpatient to go somewhere, anywhere, and no where.

You heaved a sigh.

"So, James, do tell me what you have planned for tonight? Something to make yourself happy I suppose?"

He crossed his arms and shifted.

Oh boy. This was not a good sign, he had become guarded again at the mention of happiness. A pattern you had become noticeably aware of.

"Hey now, iron giant, calm down."

Woops.

Apparently anything mentioning "metal" bothered him too.

You cursed your lack of knowledge about this man, wishing you knew more.

"Woah boy, if it makes you feel any better, I don't have anything to do today either."

His eyes softened as he looked at you and tweaked a smile.

"Well, it's not that bad," he began, "I guess it gives you something to look forward to."

You nodded, and you gripped James' jacket at the subway halted and left you staggering into him.

"Ooh! Sorry about that, see you tomorrow?" You asked.

He nodded and left.

Soon You felt the subway move again, and you felt something bump your leg.

It was a Valentines card with a cute teddy bear and a bow to wrap it all up together.

Happy Valentines Day