1940s Steve x Reader - |Allergies|

For the sake of the story, the reader will have allergies. Yes, they can be awful.

You walked into your favorite little cafe, right around the block from your apartment. Sneezing against the light breeze, you sighed. Allergy season.

Opening the cafe door you were shocked at the amount of people here, usually it was always busy with activity, but today they were packed.

Looking around for a seat, you noticed an opening across from two men, one with brown hair and a smaller framed gentleman with blond hair.

Deciding to sit across from them, you walked over.

"Excuse me," you began. "May I sit?"

The brown haired man looked up and nodded. "Please, do."

Sitting down you awaited a waiter for your drink and order.

"My names James, but my friends call me Bucky," the brown haired man said, reaching out to grab and kiss the back of your hand. You flushed.

"And this is my friend, Steve," he said gesturing toward his smaller framed friend beside  him.

"Well, hello. Steve, and I'm going to call you Buck. I'm Y/N! Nice to meet you."

Steve chuckled, "A nickname for a nickname."

You sneezed in the midst of giggling.

"Wow, allergies are horrible to me right now."

Bucky looked up. "You have allergies?"

"Yep, seasonal."

Steve stood a little straighter in his seat. "S-so do I, ma'am."

"No need for ma'am, just call me Y/N."

You blushed as Steve glanced at you, his gorgeous eyes drawing in your attention.

After a short while, you all ordered and talked, you learned that Bucky was quite the flirter, and you had begun slowly devolving a crush on Steve and blush every time he made you laugh. You could relate to him, plus he read and sketched.  Not many guys did that, since you usually read quite a bit.

All good things must come to and end and you said goodbye to Bucky and Steve.

Time skip to a month later brought to you by Loki being scared by a toaster.

Walking again to your favorite cafe you sighed happily, knowing you were starting to develop a big crush on Steve over the last month. He was just so nice and respectful you couldn't help but like him.

Opening the door and hearing the small ding of the bell, you saw it was again packed.

Walking around to find a seat, you saw Steve waving to you. Hurriedly running over to him you sat across from him at the small table.

"Where is Bucky at?" You asked, immediately regretting it when you saw Steve's face falter.

"Out with a girl."

"Figures, it was probably that waitress he was hitting on," you scoffed playfully with Steve.

"Y/N, I have to ask you something," Steve said.

"Go ahead."

"Do you....like Bucky?" He asked. Looking down at the table not meeting your gaze. "I mean, you blush almost every time he flirts with with you."

You wanted to scream, Steve thought that you liked Bucky? Well, you understood where he was coming from, he probably had always been invisible to other girls.

"No Steve, I don't like Bucky," you stated. "I... Have my heart set on someone else."

Steve looked up, "You do?"

"Yep."

"Well... What's he like?" He inquired, trying to keep his smile on his face. Hoping it was possibly him, he listened on.

"Well, he reads and draws sometimes, he is very brave, very adorable, yet manly. He's a gentleman, and doesn't know how to talk to women that well. And I'm pretty sure he has allergies," you said  blushing the whole way through, hoping Steve wouldn't look to much into it.

"He sounds great..." Steve said softly, shrinking back in his seat. "I bet he has girls all over him."

You wanted to laugh at how clueless he was. "No.. No not really."

Standing up as your drink came, you said, "I'll see you later Steve."

Time skip to a few days later

"She doesn't like me Buck, Y/N likes some other guy," Steve drooped his head sadly.

"Aw come on, I see the way Y/N looks at you," Bucky said, trying to console his heartbroken friend.

"She told me Bucky, he's probably the best of the best guys out there," Steve mumbled.

Bucky rolled his eyes, knowing full well you like Stev, he was just too blind to see it.

"Come on buddy, let's go. I know Y/N is at the cafe today, just ask her out."

"Bucky, no."

"Bucky, yes," he laughed, dragging his friend toward the cafe.

At the cafe

You had been sitting at the cafe booth for a little bit now, hoping you would get the courage to tell Steve you liked him, even loved him.

When you heard the bell ding, you looked up, heart fluttering when you see Steve there.

Getting up and walking over to him, your heart was beating faster and faster,

"Y/N-"
"Steve-"

"You go first," You interject.

"Ok, Y/N. I know you like this one guy but I can't help fall in love with you, your almost amazing in everyway, even your flaws. You have problems like allergies I can relate to and I don't think I've ever felt about this strongly in love with someone ever before," he said breathlessly.

You couldn't take it anymore, moving in you caught him in a sweet kiss.

"I was just about to say the same thing."

And then you sneezed.

As promised, here is the 1940s Steve! I do apologize if it was rushed in anyway but I had quite the writers block on this one, I was unsure of how I could piece it together. And I had to do this one on allergies, I couldn't help it since I know quite a few people who suffer from them, so If you liked it please don't hesitate to comment, I love reading your guys comments :).