Pietro /Fallen Soldier/

"You know Pietro, I started out hating you," you sighed.

His eyebrow shot up, "Me?"

You smiled, "Yes, you! I thought you were too cocky, I've not a clue why I befriended you after you nearly killed me the first time you saw me."

He chuckled, recalling the memory, remembering the way you both had checked each other.

"Amazing how that was only a few moments ago."

"Or so it seems.."

As Tony went over the plan, your mind swirled with scenarios about your new friend.

"Pietro," you whispered, nudging him ever so lightly, causing Wanda to look up in curiosity.

"Yes?" He asked in his accent.

"Don't die on me, hot shot," you smirked at the high paced man.

"Me? I would never!" He shrieked.

"Promise?" You asked, biting your lip.

He smiled, genuinely.

"Promise."

Wanda smiled.

....

You screamed, watching Pietro's body fall to the ground, soaked in bulletwounds. Clint shoved the small child into your arms.

"Get the hell out of here!"

"No, I-"

"Go!"

Albeit reluctantly, you obeyed, somehow allowing your legs to move as you ran to Fury's hellicarrier. As you set the small child into the mothers arms, you saw Clint dump Pietro's body next to him, collapsing onto the seat.

"Thank you!" The mother called out. "Thank you so much!"

You nodded, to much in shock from the avents that happened, but soon the shock faded and your vision cleared.

"PIETRO!" You hollered, skidding over to him. You looked at his appearance, his hair was flat and dry, his usually spunky and bubbly appearance; faded and bleak.

You touched his hand, it was cold.

You looked over around the hellicarrier, seeing the people that they've saved today. But at what cost? Surely some people didn't make it out... what was the price of war?

With glassy eyes, threatening to overflow, you choked out:

"You promised."