Steve x reader

Steve glanced at his phone for the hundredth time today. He was currently in Stark Tower, along with you and Bucky.
   Steve has had a little crush-wait no, big crush on you for a little while now and had no idea what to do, Bucky usually always talked to you when Steve got jittery. Steve never really was one for knowing how to talk to his crush.
One new message from Tony.
Steve sighed in relief, he'd been hiding in his room for a little while now that you had decided to come to His floor with Bucky to hang out.
  Tony: so... You want help from me??
Steve rolled his eyes and pressed send.
Yes.
Tony: ok wow, BIG moment here, what ya need Capsicle?
I need... Love advice.
Tony is typing.
Tony: holy mother of - ok, who is it?
Must I tell you?
Tony: every girl is different cap, if I know this one it'll help.
Steve sighed again, you and Tony were best friends, so it wouldn't surprise him if you liked him more than a friend, and vise versa.
It's....Y/N.
Tony: hOLY, ok listen here. Y/N is my best friend, don't you dare hurt her. Now, I think I know what to do.
   Tony smiled, he knew that you had a crush on cap for a while, so either way he played this it would work out. And since you were one of his best friends he didn't want to mess this up. Quickly, he texted Clint.
  Tony: ok Clint I have a bet, say 20 dollars that Steve will ask Y/N out.
Clint: make it 50 and I'll bet that Y/N will kiss Steve first.
Tony: Deal.
  Steve waited for Tony's text and jumped as he heard Bucky open his door.
"Listen, I'm great at stalling and all, but come ON, you need to talk to her, seriously."
Steve looked at his friend, "I know, I'm just a asking Stark for...advice."
Bucky began to laugh.
"Stark? Seriously..? Here's my advice, just talk to her, she'll still be your friend after if she rejects you."
One new message from Tony.
Tony: ok this is what you're going to do....

Bucky came back into the room.
"Where's Steve?" You asked.
Bucky quickly glanced at Steve's room, "Taking a shower I guess, he said he'd be down in a few minutes."
"Well, ok."
Bucky glanced at his phone, which buzzed in response.
"Shoot."
"What's going on?" You inquired.
"I might have to leave pretty soon here, Tony needs me for something, probably to help with my metal arm," he stated, showing you the scratches and everything else on there.
Bucky stood up, "Ok, well you have fun with Steve I have to go, sorry."
Bucky was defiantly not sorry, he just wanted you two together.
"Ok, bye Buck!"
Just as Bucky left, Steve walked out of his room.
"Where'd Bucky go?" He asked.
You shrugged your shoulders. "Tony needed him I guess, something about fixing up his metal arm, that's thing a really awesome by way."
"So, want to go anywhere?" You smiled.
Steve nodded. "How about Barnes and Noble? I know you like to read, and I do too."
(An: ok sorry if you don't like Barnes and noble or have never been to one, I know they are everywhere so if you don't like Barnes and noble, replace it with your preferred book store if you have one!)
You jumped up in your seat. "Yes! That's perfect, c'mon lets go!"
You grabbed Steve's hand, putting on your shoes you ran out of the door.

At the bookstore you quickly walked over to (fav section) and began looking for a new book, Steve trailing behind you looking at books along the way as well.
  You had been eyeing this one book for a long time now, the cover was quite intriguing, you decided to pick up the book and look at the back cover.
    "Ok, seriously? Why have books changed from summaries of a book to reviews? I mean, one or two is fine, helpful even, but this is too much. I don't even know what the book is about."
   Steve looked up at you. "Try the inside of the cover, sometimes they put the summary there."
   Your heart skipped a beat and you looked down into the cover, sure enough, there it was.
   "You're smart Steve," you nonchalantly stated, but it was enough to make Steve blush.
The plot you really liked, but you were still skeptical of it, plus you didn't have that much money on you and didn't feel like writing a check.
    Steve noticed this, and decided to put his plan into action from what agony had said to do.
   "Want to look anywhere else? Maybe the next isle..?" He asked softly.
You smiled up at him and nodded, walking over to the next isle. Steve's heart beat with happiness as he thought about Tonys plan and your face if it would work.
  Steve grabbed the book, and hid it away from you as you ventured to the next isle.
Steve decided to buy himself a small sketching book, just something to relax with, and put it over the book you wanted.
    You then walked over to Steve holding 2 books in your hands.
   "All books are expensive, but I hope these ones are good, plus I wrote down a few titles of some books I was skeptical of to hold at the library, just in case I don't like them. I can't always write a check too."
  Steve smiled and walked his way over to the counter, you tagging along with him.
"Will that be all for today?" The woman smiled warmly at both of you, she seemed to be around 60 years old and probably thought you two were a couple.
  "Yes, thank you," You smiled in return.
"Ok, that'll be 50.67 dollars today."
You began to get out your check book as Steve made you put your hand down.
You heard the click of the register and looked up as the lady was putting the books in some bags for easier carrying.
   You stood, to much in shock to say anything.
Steve grabbed the bags and you walked out with him.
"Steve oh my Gosh, you didn't have to pay for my stuff! That was expensive! Plus I-"
"Now Y/N, I wanted to pay for it, my treat."
   Your heart was like a rabbits currently, beating rapidly in your chest.
"W-well, thank you very much."
As you got into the car Steve held out a bag. "Open it."
You gently grabbed the bag and just about screamed. Your book! Steve had just bought you the book you wanted!
   "Oh...oh my god, Steve I.... Thank you so much!" You put the book down and hugged him as tight as you could.
    "I hate to ruin the moment...but, would you possibly like to go to dinner sometime?" Steve asked, his head hanging.
   "Steve, look at me." You said, tilting his chin up,  you kissed him on the lips.
"I guess I take that as a yes then?" Steve asked.

"YOU OWE ME 50 BUCKS CLINT"

Ok wow 1204 words! And one day early published too!
Well, I hope you all enjoyed this fanfiction. Also! Would anybody like to see a 1940s Steve fanfic? I've been wanting to do one and wanted to know if anyone would like to see it.
Ok and wow 500+ reads?? Thanks so much guys! I really appreciate it!