Chapter 23: Red

Luis's POV
Red....
Everything through my vision is nothing but hazy red shapes and my body is moving on its own account.

Uncontrollable violent anger is the only thing I am feeling.

I don't even know the exact cause of my rage but I want to cause my opponent as much pain as I am feeling. There is a unbearable pain in my heart, like it is shattering into pieces and I couldn't seem to control this overwhelming urge to infect pain upon the shape in front of me. So I couldn't able to control when my claws strike the golden wolf's chest drawing a river of red hot liquid. I can't seem to stop here though. My body moves on its own to strike him again and again without caring about how I am painting those shiny golden wolf's fur in red. But still I can't seems to stop these assaults. Even when it fall on the ground form my last attack.

I launch at its lying form and pin it to the ground and rise my front left arm to deliver the final strike. I know I have to finish it to stop my unbearable pain.

But then my eyes meet those of the golden wolf's and I stop mid strike.

Grey eyes stare back at me.

Beautiful grey eyes with delicate golden rings.

I keep looking at those eyes and suddenly all of my senses hit me at once and instantly I back away from him with a pained howl.

Mate.

It's my mate.

I was hurting my mate.

I started to panic and stand few feet away from him but don't dare to look into his eyes in fear. Fear of seeing the pain I caused him. Fear of seeing the absolute hatred towards me which would certainly be far greater than it was before.

I hurt him pretty seriously and even though I know since he is a strong alpha those wounds will heal quickly but I am still anxious.

The urge to lick his wounds to help him heal faster beats my fear and I look at golden wolf's face to see if I am allowed to get close to him.

I look into his eyes while expecting to see the absolute hostility towards me but instead there is an unbearable expression. It doesn't even looks like he is in pain, like the pain I caused is nothing for him. Those intelligent eyes stare at me intensely and I fail to find anything hostile in it. How could someone be this calm while bleeding this much.

I dare to take a step towards him, fully expecting him to give me a threatening growl but instead he remains silent while staring at my eyes.

I start to close the gap between us while keeping the eye contact with those unique coloured eyes to interpret his mood.

But when I was only five steps away from the golden wolf, he suddenly breaks our eye contact and look at my left.

Everything happens within a mare fraction of second.

I only manage to catch the slightest change of his expression before something huge slam into me in a lightning fast speed and with enough force to make my body flow away and slam in the ground with a thunderous sound.

My head hit the ground hard with a sicking crunch, causing dizziness and disorientation because of the splitting pain there and making me want to throw up.

But I try to focus on my surrounding to see what hit me but instead found something terrifying.

Daegan is lying on the ground and has changed back to his human form. He is on his side and facing away from me. His unclothed body is covered in dirt and so blood that it making me want to kill myself for causing them to him.

How could I did something like that to him?

But didn't get the time to drown in self pity since suddenly there is a man comes running towards him and is about to reach him.

Instantly I move from my place and come between my mate and the man and growl at him.

It seems to make him stop in his track but he still doesn't back away like I wish him to.

The man looks into my eyes with the same grey gold eyes of my mate. But what caught me off guard is the expression on his face. He is looking at Daegan with a look of absolute concern. Like he knows something is very wrong with him and in a haste to help him.

Something is really wrong with my mate and this man's looks are only confirming it.

I let out a pained howl and immediately remove myself from between him and Daegan. The man wasted no time to dash towards him.

The man kneel before him and turn his seemingly unconscious body on its back to check the injuries on his front and suddenly let out a gasp.

Instantly I look at my mate to see what the other man seeing and feel the air leaving me and makings me unable to breathe.

There are one blackish holes on the right side of beautifully sculpted chest and there are other two same types of holes on stomach. There are blood flowing from those holes but there is also something else... something silvery.

No no no .... this can't be happening. There is no way it is what I am thinking. There is no way fate could be this cruel. There should be a limit on how much pain they could infect upon someone. Someone can never be this unfortunate.

But all my hopes crumbled down to nothing after hearing the next thing coming out from the other man's mouth.

"Silver"