Chapter 15: A Very Wrong Decision

Daegan's P.O.V
*knock*

*knock*

Some annoying person is knocking at my door for at least half an hour and it is making my head ache ever worse.

ENOUGH. I am going to give this person a little peace of mind.

I open the door with a loud thud and find my Beta, Jake standing there.

"What the f*ck do you want Jake?", I ask him in my most annoyed voice.

"The Alpha King called you, Alpha. He wanted to talk about something very important.", Jake replies timidity, clearly scared of me because of the dangerous mood I am in for few days.

"That old man!! What the hell he wants with me now?", I really don't want to go anywhere, specially to my father. I hadn't seen him for a week, so I can only guess he returns few hours ago.

"He said it is about today's ceremonies.", he tells me in a low gentle voice, like I am some kind of wounded dangerous animal who can attack him anytime.

Normally I don't like if anyone talks to me in this kind of scared tone, but for three days I am so high that I don't care what people think about me or even if they disrespect me. I just want everything to disappear, everyone to disappear, even me.

But I can't afford to disrespect my father. He is the scariest person in this whole world and you don't want to mess with him if you are a sane person.

"Okay.", I answer.

"Alpha!", I was about to walk out from my room when Jack called me again. I look at him questioningly.

"I am not trying to be disrespectful but I think you should take a shower before you go there to meet him.", He tells me while looking at me from head to toe meaningfully.

That made me stop on my track and observe the condition of my body.

I hadn't taken a shower for two days, I stink of Alcohol, smoke and sex, need to shave my ever growing facial hair. Oh Great, if I go there in this condition, I am sure my father will not going to let me live for another day.

"Thanks.", I reply him curtly.

I go straight to my bathroom while shedding my clothes in the way. I turn the knob of the shower to let the hot water sooth my body. But it does little to the constant unbearable throbbing pain inside my heart. Nothing can sooth it. I already tried everything.

It started three days ago when I ordered them to kill him. I felt hundreds of knifes stabbing my heart when I said those words. It always hurts to think that he will never going to look at me with those beautiful blue eyes and I will never going to see his beautiful smile again. It's hurts that I am the reason of his death.

No, Not again. I shake my head to reduce the effect of the mating spell which that tricky witch put on me. I will not going to let it effect me again. I knew it is just a spell since my true mate can never be a male. Even after what he did, perhaps I would have let him live but that bastard had a long history of doing this kind of crimes.

It makes my blood boil whenever I think about this hateful crime, I believe it is worse then killing someone. Although I truly dislike that Alpha's son, Drake for his arrogance from the first sight but I do know that he could not be lying since no Alpha can lie about being raped by another man in front of so many lower rank werewolves because it is very shameful for a Alpha to be the victim.

After finishing my shower, I take a shave and brush my teeth. I choose a fresh ice blue button-down shirt and black faded jeans from my closet.

I know exactly what my father wanted to tell me but I am absolutely ready for him.
-----------------------------

I enter my father's study cautiously. Currently my father is setting on the dark mahogany table and looking at some papers.

He looks up and give me one of his warm happy smiles but his smile disappears when he looks at me properly.

"Are you alright, son?", he asks me with a deep frown.

"Yes, Dad.", I inform him while trying to give him a genuine smile. But looks like I failed since he is still looking at me with the same worried expression.

"Okay, if you say so.", fortunately he drops this matter.

"Are you ready to be the new King?", he asks me while knowing very well that I will never going to be ready for this.

"Yes, I am.", I try to assure him.

"Are you sure about today's second event, son? Are you sure you don't want to wait for your true mate? You are only 25, it is possible you find her in few years.", he tried to change my decision but I already knew this the reason why he called me this time.

"I spend eleven Blood moon festivals since my first shift and if she didn't come within that much time, so I doubt she will ever going to.", I inform him confidently while trying hard not to think about my fake mate. I will going to die in shame if my father ever finds out about what kind of trick that bastard played with me.

"But are you sure about Andréa?", asking me about the girl whom I choose to be my Queen.

"She will be the perfect Queen. She is the strongest She-Alpha I ever saw and one of the best fighter wolf in the world."

"But are you going to be happy?"

"Why not? When we are going to finish our mating ceremony by marking each other, we are going to be just like any other true mates."

When a unmated Werewolf mark another unmated Werewolf, they release the special mating toxic into each other's body which creates the strongest unbreakable bond. If a person do this with someone other than his true mate, then the bond between his and his true mate breaks for forever. But I am still going to do this since this bond also going to break whatever spell he put on me.

"But what about your children?", he tried again.

"We can always adopt a Alpha boy in future as my heir.", I return. There is no way I am going to change my decision for this. I will break that fake bond with him, no matter what it will going to cost me.

My father heaves a resigned sigh, clearly not liking the fact that he can never have his own grand children. But I don't let his disappointment affect me.

"Alright then, do as you wish. But remember that when you are going to meet your true mate in future, you will going to identify her instantly. But since you can never break the bond, you are going to create with Andréa, you will not be able to bond with your true mate. That day you will going to regret your today's decision, so can never be truly happy in your life.", he warns me in a very serious tone.

"I will take my chances."

I leave his room after saying this. No matter what he tells me, I will not going to change my decision. I will going to forget about him, no matter what it takes.