Chapter 21

I waited for my little girl to run out with all of the other parents.. Which where all girls. What, can't be a only dad? The only problem here is they were all staring at me like I was fresh meat, with there boobs nearly hanging out of there shirts and attempting to make themselves look slimmer and more fit.

I raised my eyebrows slightly and turned back to the little elementary school. I could practically feel there eyes on me and I shifted uncomfortably and let out a small sigh of relief when I heard the faint noise of the school bell going off.

That's when it go loud. All of the kids piling out, sounds of screams, laughs, and a whole lot of footsteps. My little girls yell caught my attention and she was running to me with her backpack, a paper, and a big smile on her face.

"Daddy!" She squealed as she got closer and I squated down ready for the impact of when she hugged me. She jumped into my arms and I stood up to hug her back.

"Hi Maci!" I exclaimed and she pulled away some.

"Hi daddy!" She said just as excited.

"How was my little princess's first day at school?" I asked setting her down and holding her hand, as we started to walk.

"It was fun, look what I made!" Maci held up the picture and it was a painting of a house with a pretty background and two people.

"Who are these." I pointed to the little people.

"That's you, and that's me." She pointed individually to each.

"Really! It looks so good!" I grinned giving her a high five.

"Thank you dad." Maci smiled proudly holding the picture closer to her.

"Guess what." I smiled having a idea.

"What?" She asked looking up at me with her blue puppy dog eyes.

"I'm going to hang it in the living room." I smiled and she hopped up and down happily as we reached the car. I opened the door for Maci and held her backpack and picture while she got in and buckled up. After I handed her stuff back I walked around the car to the drivers seat and when I got in Maci was singing one of our songs.

"Daddy, can we listen to your songs?" Maci asked kicking her feet lightly on her seat.

"Sure thing." I hummed sticking in one of our CDs which was her favorite one, Up All Night.

She sang along to Same Mistakes as I drove us back home, and what I didn't tell her was her favorite uncles were waiting... Well her only uncles. Technically uncles. Well whatever.

"Did you make any new friends today?" I asked turning down the music leaving it for background noise.

"I was to busy for that." She smiled looked out the window.

"Really?" I peeked at her slightly in the rearview mirror at her before looking back at the road.

"Really really." She giggled, putting a smile on my face.

"Well that's good but you should meet someone. Find someone that you trust and someone that you think will stay by your side." I informed her and she nodded slightly looking out the window.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Well, this boy today. His name is Ted. He was being mean to me." She spoke softly as we were pulling into the driveway and I tensed up a bit.

As bad as I put up and dealt with the bullying I didn't want my baby to have to go through the same thing. I don't want her to have to go through bullying like I did. It's no fun what so ever. It hurts and all it does is makes someone an emotional wreck. Just like it did me.