Chapter 16

"Daddy. My tummy hurts." Maci laid herself over my lap.

"Awe. You don't feel good do you baby?" I pouted rubbing her back wile she shook her head.

She looked drained in the face and her eyes were red. "How about we get you some medicine." I said laying her on the couch and getting up to the bathroom. While rattling through the bottles I heard the sound of dry heaving and coughing.

I dropped everything that was in my hands and grabbed a towel, before racing into the living room where Maci was hunched over. I threw the towel under her before it all came up. Luckily I had tied Maci's hair up. I rubbed Maci's back while she threw up all the contents of her dinner last night.

"It's okay Maci." I comforted her as best as I could.

I felt her forehead and cheeks. She was burning up. What made her so sick? I shook my head and laid the worn out Maci on the couch leaving the towel there just in case she got sick again. I went back into the bathroom and picked up the medicine that I needed for her and went back into the living room.

"Maci you need to take this." I said pouring the liquid that was needed for her age.

"I don't want to take it." She whined before starting to cry. I sighed knowing this was going to be trouble.

After 22 grueling minutes Maci started to get tired out and I managed to get her to swallow it. She eventually cried herself to sleep and I laid her back down on the couch and put the puke covered towel into a garbage bag and grabbed my cell phone.

I called Louis because I knew that the others already had plans. It didn't take long for him to answer and there was some background noise. Probably Eleanor. "Hey mate." Louis answered.

"Could you come over. I need some help with Maci." I asked.

"Uh... Eleanor is here, if you don't mind her coming over also."

"No no. It's fine. I'll see you in a while."

About 45 minutes later Eleanor and Louis showed up. I greeted them and let them both in. They stopped and looked at the pale toddler on my couch.

"Oh my gosh. What happened. She looks like someone painted her white." Eleanor walked over and kneeled by her.

"She threw up earlier. She's running a high fever. Well I think. She feels really hot. What should I do?" I asked.

"I think we need to take her to the doctors." Louis suggested.

"Should we wa-"

"I'll carry her. Get a blanket and a barf bag. Liam go start the car and put the a/c on low. Go ahead and call the doctor's while you're down there."

"Wow. Look at miss mommy Eleanor." Louis joked going into the other room before quickly coming back, handing her a blanket.

I ran downstairs and started the car. I turned the ac on low and moved the car seat to the trunk before I heard a scream. "Oh my gosh it's Liam! Guys!" I groaned rubbing my temples. Shit shit shit shit shit. Hurry up!

Before Eleanor and Louis were able to get down I was crowded by at least 15 girls. "Sorry we took so long! Coming!" Eleanor shouted running with Maci, Louis ahead of her pushing through the fans making a path.

I grabbed Maci from Eleanor and she scooted into the back seat. I handed Maci to Eleanor and took the barf bag from Louis. The last thing that I needed was to have vomit stinking up my back seat. After 5 minutes of honking I pulled out of the driveway of my flat complex and started down the street.

Maci better be okay. More than okay. Award winning.